My name is Crystal Valdez and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Research Associate I for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Framingham, MA. Details for the position are as follows:
- This position is within the Process Analytics group of the Gene Therapy Skill Center, working closely with manufacturing and QC groups.
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the execution and analysis of well-established, routine assays supporting the development of gene therapy manufacturing platforms and the characterization of Viral Vectors for clinical use.
- The individual will generate, report, and archive data while assisting the process development team in the analysis and interpretation of results.
- The successful candidate will support the group’s daily operational needs by maintaining assay cell lines, controls, standards, and other reagent inventories.
- The individual must be a team player able to work cooperatively in a cross functional group and be self-motivated and driven to meet aggressive timelines in a competitive and emerging area of drug development.
- Background in molecular biology, biochemistry or related life science disciplines.
- Familiarity with the following analytical platforms: PCR based molecular assays (eg: qPCR, ddPCR), virus-based infectivity assays (TCID50, plaque assay), cell based assays, HPLC and standard chemistry assays (eg: ELISAs, enzymatic assays) are a plus, as is experience in working in a BSL-2 environment with a focus on viral vector development.
- Bachelor's degree in the life sciences.