Randstad in partnership with a leading biotechnology company is now hiring for an experienced Research Associate in San Diego, CA. Our client is a Fortune 500 company who are known for creating sustainable solutions in agriculture for the challenges facing our planet today.
Our client has launched the world's largest effort to develop naturally-sourced microbial enhancers of plant health, productivity, and fertility. We believe microbes offer tremendous potential to deliver ecologically responsible and cost-effective benefits to crops around the world. Our client is seeking a Research Associate to join this effort as part of their Microbial Discovery team. Specifically, you will join a Molecular Biology Team where you will perform and manage NGS workflows to enable strain identification and microbiome analysis of environmental samples. You will work as part of a small dynamic team in a matrix organization with scientists involved in other aspects of isolation and discovery of microbial product candidates.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly support our client's global Biotechnology pipeline. On offer is a key position in the identification and selection of product candidates. We are looking for someone with the talent and motivation to be successful.
• Operating automated liquid handling platforms
• Carry out NGS (Illumina) workflows and Miseq operation
• Meticulous sample tracking and quality control monitoring
• Data monitoring to facilitate process improvement projects
• Communication with core sequencing facility
• BS in microbiology, molecular biology or a relevant biological science
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
• At least 3 years of laboratory experience, preferably in an industry setting
• Experience extracting DNA from a variety of sources
• Experience with Illumina library preparation
• Team player with a strong desire to expand knowledge and new skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects through completion
• Ability to work independently to plan and execute experiments
• Effective computer skills, MS Office programs and interaction with databases.
• Experience with automated liquid handling platforms
• Previous experience with microbiome analysis
• Experience with Illumina MiSeq operation
• Experience working in a high throughput environment
• Previous experience with LIMS
• General understanding of microbial and plant physiology
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp Relocation cost reimbursement is not available for this role.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.