About The Company
Our client, a cell separation technology company is currently seeking a Research Engineer to join their Research and Development team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly technical, driven individual to join a growing organization as they prepare for product launch, and gain invaluable exposure as part of a fast-pasted startup bringing products from concept to commercialization.
The Research Engineer will be responsible for working with Research and Product Development teams to extend the company’s existing technology to meet the requirements of new applications in diagnostic, therapeutic, and research markets, and participate in investigations of new technologies. Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluating and troubleshooting of microfluidic consumables and prototype instrumentation, gathering data and information to identify best methods, materials, and technologies for a wide range of medical and research use applications.
- Planning and executing of experimental protocols applying sound principles of the scientific method
- Statistical analysis and presentation of experimental results in a manner that demonstrates thorough understanding of the underlying objectives of the research and progress towards their achievement
- Contributing to product verification and validation activities through the development, approval, and execution of test plans and generating reports of results
- Investigation of new research areas including publication and patent search, experimental design, data collection and analysis
- Proposing process and product design changes for improved performance, quality, usability, and cost
- Participating in the preparation of materials for, and execution of, Phase-Gate and Technical Design Reviews.
- Writing and maintaining of experimental process workflow documentation
- BS in Engineering and 3–5 years of experience, or MS in Engineering and 1–3 years of experience
- Experience with commercial medical and/or diagnostic device development is highly desirable
- Fluency with common cell biology techniques (fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, histology, cell culture) a plus
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism, and a “can do” attitude
- Biomedical Engineering experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and communicate with multiple levels in the organization
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp