A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Life science is a rapidly advancing field with a constant influx of new technologies to enable researchers to achieve results never before possible. This rapid technological advancement provides many opportunities for development of new products to address the future needs of life science researchers. We are looking for a dynamic, forward thinking scientist with a background in chemistry or analytical chemistry to join our multidisciplinary R&D team responsible for developing new products and looking for new technology to add to our product portfolio.
- Develop new products and applications aligned with current business strategy to address needs of researchers within analytical workflow across a wide range of industries.
- Identify and develop new technologies to build the MilliporeSigma analytical tools portfolio.
- Leverage specialized knowledge and analytical skills to solve complex problems.
- Engage with engineering, marketing personnel and other scientists, as well as with external collaborators and customers.
- Participate in strategic planning to identify new areas for future development in life science.
- Plan experiments and write protocols.
- Report activities & results.
- Ensure coordination with project managers, technical lead and management through good communication.
- Present technical seminars at conferences, workshops, customer sites and webinars.
- Provide technical leadership on cross-functional teams supporting the product development process.
Who You Are
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and creative individual, part of an active, multidisciplinary group of scientists responsible for the design and development of products & new applications of products used in analytical work flow across various industries
- M.S. with or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Sciences or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience after Ph.D. or 5+ yrs experience after M.S. at industrial level is required
- Hands-on experience across a broad range of analytical applications: skills in the area of analysis of sample extraction methodologies, chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Highly organized; self-starter able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; adapt well to change and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Innovative problem solver with creative thinking skills for overcoming difficult experimental challenges
- Ability to work equally well on a multidisciplinary team or independently
- Excellent experimental planning and data interpretation skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.