Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for a Research Technician Research Technician for our client in Wyandotte, MI. This is a contract position located at our client's site.
Eclaro's client is a leading component manufacturer with a portfolio of oil and gas, chemicals, plastics, performance products, agricultural products and fine chemicals. Their customer base includes many diverse industries and markets, including pharmaceutical, aerospace, textile, construction and automotive industries. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Research Technician will work for the thermoplastic polyurethane business unit and be responsible for performing laboratory and scale-up experiments to support technical sales, technical service and development scientist. This position includes responsibilities for the synthesis, injection molding and extrusion techniques used for laboratory scale sample preparation and subsequent physical and analytical testing. An aptitude for observing, making suggestions and communication is an important skill. Research technicians can be employed in many different fields, with varied responsibilities. However, most research technicians work in laboratories or research facilities, some work outdoors, conducting field research at remote locations such as nuclear research facilities, forests, or petroleum plants.
- Some of a research or science technician's general job duties might be:
- Conducting tests and experiments
- Gathering, interpreting, and recording research and data
- Operating and maintaining computer and lab equipment
- Analyzing specific substances
- Researching quality control
- Ordering inventory
- Shipping samples
- Primary responsibility for this position is to work in close partnership with the Staff Scientists to carry out polymer synthesis, characterization, and application experiments on laboratory scale and pilot plant scale equipment to support the client’s development projects. This position will report to the Staff Scientist. Laboratory operation knowledge and skills are required in addition to performing the following tasks:
- Independently and safely operate laboratory processing and testing equipment in support of requests staff, including but not limited to injection molders, extruders and physical testing equipment.
- Laboratory skills desirable in setting up lab experiments, work-up and analysis.
- Experience in laboratory syntheses, preparation of hand-mixtures and samples.
- Organization skills (time planning, record-keeping in R&D notebook).
- Communication skills (be able to effectively communicate both oral and written)
- Learn new techniques as needed
- Maintain clear and concise records of the laboratory work. Keep an accurate, up to date, and witnessed laboratory notebook. Capable of highest standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Contact person for polymer testing that is performed in other client labs and external third party labs
- Solid background in safe work practices.
- Effective oral and written communications skills with strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Must operate with a high sense of urgency
- Possess basic science and technology skills, good math and analytical skills
- Support site EH&S and continuous improvement initiatives through individual and team contribution
- Ability to build solid working relationships quickly and effectively function as a team member and on cross-functional teams and also effectively on individual efforts
- Demonstrate high degree of personal initiative and a willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of Lotus Notes/Microsoft Word/Microsoft Excel software
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.