Researcher, Video & Image Analytics
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Status: Regular, Full-Time
The Digital Solution Platform Laboratory (DSPL) is part of the Hitachi’s Global Center for Social Innovation (CSI), located in Santa Clara, CA (http://www.hitachi-america.us/rd/about_us/dspl/). DSPL’s broad mission is to develop IoT Edge solutions for a wide range of industry verticals such as Smart Factories, Transportation, Smart Cities etc. Specifically, DSPL develops original technologies encompassing holistic sensing, smart connectivity, edge analytics as well as remote management of device life cycle. DSPL also works in integration of non-conventional and novel technologies such as Augmented Reality and BlockChain in IoT platforms for various solutions. DSPL works closely with product and business units for developing PoCs through customer engagement and contributes to Hitachi’s patent portfolio in the process. Additionally, DSPL also monitors and participates in various standardization activities including Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC), ISA-99 and OpenFog as well as promote ties with academic institutions for research collaboration.
We are looking for a Researcher to join our team. In this role, you will help develop and implement new video and image analytics solutions for various IoT applications including Smart Manufacturing, working together with our industrial IoT platform development group and also interface with customers.
- Use our existing Industrial IoT platform and build image and video analytics solutions and geared towards smart manufacturing.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand business problems and then design and develop required video/image analytics solutions for Industrial IoT deployments
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams with industry experts and be able to understand and build upon previous end-to-end design and architecture and add differentiators.
- Be part of a team that interacts with the customers and explain the technical merits of the solution.
More information about the research done at the Digital Solutions Platform Laboratory can be found at:
More information about Hitachi IoT technology in Smart Industry can be found at:
More information about Hitachi America, Ltd. can be found at:
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or related field with dissertation in the field of video/image analysis applications
- Prior experience with developing video and image analysis solutions to solve industry problems is a plus.
- Experience in applying data science and deep learning tools such as TensorFlow for unstructured data analysis including video and image data is required.
- Experience with developing IoT applications in manufacturing industry is a plus
- Fluency in multiple programming languages such as Python, C/C++
- Familiarity with Git and agile software development process.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities