Sunnyvale, California - Added 2018-01-23
Resident – Storage Management Engineer
Let’s Get Personal. You aren’t just looking for a job. Anyone can get one of those. You want a career, and TSP wants to help with that. Here, we provide customer-endorsed and award-winning business solutions that enable our clients to concentrate on what they do best.
Exceed our client’s expectations by taking on these responsibilities:
- Provide Standard/Custom Installation and Operations support for Storage Systems.
- Alert Management, Diagnosis, Advanced Troubleshooting, and repair.
- Plan & execute change requests for production storage/Backup changes
- Required to follow Standard Operating Procedures to perform maintenance
- Setting up backups for Servers and Storage systems and Performing restores as needed
- On-Call pager support
- Case Management and Follow up with Vendors for Root Cause Analysis.
- Storage Efficiency Optimization such as upgrades, performance tuning, and system audit tasks.
- Providing customer support including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Technical mentoring and guidance to other technical team members.
- Support and daily administration of NetApp storage infrastructure.
- Service Assurance and Ticket handling.
To be successful in this role, you’ll probably need experience such as:
- Unix/Linux System Administration (NetApp & EMC)
- Cisco MDS SAN and Brocade SAN management skills
- Very good knowledge on TCP/IP, FCP, FCIP protocols Advanced disciplinary knowledge within specialty area. Applies specialized knowledge of industry standards to projects. Applies project management skills
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and timely escalation
- Expert Knowledge of NetApp Core Technologies
- Scripting knowledge (e.g. Perl, Shell)
- Proficiency in UNIX/Linux scripting skills, familiarity with bash, awk, sed • Experience with databases. MySQL proficiency preferred.
- Project Management Skills
Still need some convincing? We also provide an extensive benefits package, PTO and some of these other cool perks:
Employees Are #1
No one’s on an island. Any support that you need is our priority. We empower our employees which helps our customers excel.
TSP Gives Back
We love giving back, in fact, it’s part of our vision. We have been tremendously successful here and we love to share that success and invest time and money back into the communities where we live, work and play.
Who doesn’t like to be recognized? We give back to our employees as well. Through TSP’s Caught In The Act recognition program where you earn points to “buy” cool swag, and our training and development program, we invest in our most valuable asset. That’s you by the way!
If being the newest team member of an award-winning company interest you, the ball is now in your court – apply now!
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave