Resident Property Manager – On Site
San Francisco Mid-Peninsula
On-site resident manager team for 34-unit gated complex that places a higher priority on providing quality homes for residents than on maximizing profit. Contractors, inspectors, and visitors frequently volunteer compliments about the complex. Of the last four available apartments one rented 5 days after it was listed, one rented 10 days after it was listed, and two rented before they were listed.
This is a position for resident managers who appreciate considerate residents, take pride in the property, enjoy interacting with people, have good administrative and marketing skills, and at least one person has good minor maintenance skills. Like chefs and restaurants the quality of an apartment complex depends on the resident managers. We are looking for a team with on-site management experience. The compensation package corresponds to that of a larger complex, and this is an ideal position for resident managers interested in downsizing from a larger complex. This cat friendly complex does not have resident dogs.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Posting ads developed by webmaster
- Staging apartments
- Responding to ad inquiries
- Showing apartments
- Completing leasing documents
Administration and Community Relations:
- Collecting rents and maintaining rent collection records
- Enforcing apartment rules
- Courteous handling of resident requests in a timely manner
- Promoting positive resident relations
- Monthly minor maintenance report
- Maintain on-site resident and property files
- Supervising service, clean, and major maintenance providers
Property Maintenance such as:
- Swimming pool maintenance
- Laundry room cleaning
- Common area cleanup
- Minor building maintenance (e.g. light bulbs, door locks, light timers)
- Minor plumbing repairs (e.g. replace garbage disposals)
- Minor electrical repairs (e.g. replace light fixtures, switches)
- Minor heating repairs (e.g. replace thermostats)
- Monitor automatic sprinklers (landscape is maintained by gardening service)
Approximately 30 flexible hours a week, 6 days off a month, 2 weeks annual vacation. The on-site Assistant Resident Manager covers when the Resident Managers are on days off and vacation. There is no leasing office so hours are flexible. Managers have four tool/work rooms.
Salary corresponding to salary for 70 unit complex, plus 2BR 1BA apartment, utilities including phones and high-speed internet, 100% employer paid medical insurance, paid vacation. Managers have the option of moving to another apartment if one becomes available that is more to their liking.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
Compliance with California fair housing and landlord-tenant laws and codes
Strong marketing, administrative and community skills
Strong minor maintenance skills
Internet and Microsoft Word experience
Note: This position is for two people, and inquiries from one person will not receive a response.