San Gabriel Children's Center (SGCC) Inc., has an opening for a Residential Counselor. SGCC is a Non-Profit Mental Health Organization which provides an array of mental health services to community, residential, and field based clients in Eastern San Gabriel Valley and surrounding areas. Our mental health services include: Community Mental Health Outpatient, FCCS, Medication Support, Therapeutic Behavioral, Wraparound and IFCCS Services. Our services are provided using both traditional and Evidenced Based Practices (EBP’s).
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates can send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp, fax (626) 331-3027; or 2200 E. Route 66, Suite 100, Glendora, CA 91740.
To learn more about SGCC or view all current openings please visit us at:
SGCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity agency.
On-call shifts - Overnight and during the day available
- Working knowledge of basic health and safety issues as well as current knowledge of psychopathology and treatment needs of residents.
- Maintain delivery of multidisciplinary treatment plan for assigned residents.
- Assures standards of care are appropriately identified.
- Contacts appropriate individuals during crisis.
·Assures daily documentation consistently reflects a resident assessment, the care provided, the resident’s response to and the outcomes of care provided.
·Assures that IDN chart notes reflect an assessment of the resident’s progress in meeting goals, the outcome of the care provided and updates the status of multidisciplinary treatment plan.
· High School graduate required and have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year or have a Bachelor of Art or Sciences Degree. May also have completed 12 semester unites of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth; have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth; have a valid Child Development Teaching Permit; or valid Vocational Training certificate, credential or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journeyperson who instructs children in vocation skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth.
· Obtain, within 30 days of employment, Pro-ACT, Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certification and maintain such certification current through the term of employment with SGCC.
· Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance if transporting clients/families. Must have held a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 5 years.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain Live Scan clearance, pre-employment physical, TB test and drug test.
· Must be available weekends and holidays.
· NOC shift requires one year experience.
San Gabriel Children’s Center reserves the right to close the application period, without notice, when a significant number of applications/resumes have been received or the position becomes filled.
San Gabriel Children’s Center has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles throughout the organization. Candidates should be aware that all employees are involved in the implementation and the practice of Trauma Informed Care within the organization.