Residential Interior Construction Assistant Project Manager in New York City
We are a high-end construction and professional services company with a range of integrated offerings that span the life cycle of a Client relationship. We are committed to providing exceptional quality, concierge level support and best in class industry expertise for Clients who appreciate and value our unique offerings, and our Company personnel consist of accomplished Construction Professionals, Architects and Engineers.
Our offerings support a client relationship at any stage of its life-cycle from project inception to post construction, and whether it is pre-purchase analysis, a complicated construction project or emergency service, we are committed to serving our clients as a single source provider of residential solutions. Our extensive experience working for the most discerning Clients, Architects and Designers has shaped our Company and led to our reputation as one of the premier service providers for high-end residential projects.
The Assistant Project Manager (APM) supports the Project Manager as the lead administrative person on the Project responsible for managing the Project documents, including financials, construction documents and sub- contractor submissions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The APM is responsible for maintaining updated budgets and Buyout worksheets, processing Change Orders and Trade Awards, maintaining logs, processing subcontractor/vendor invoices, and preparing Waivers of Lien.
- Preparing Commitment documents and contracts with subcontractors and suppliers as directed by Project Manager or Project Executive.
- The APM may participate in the buy-out of minor scopes (i.e. glazing, bath accessories, etc.).
- At the direction of the Project Manager or Super, the APM orders incidental materials and tools for the field and prepares in-house schedules (i.e. doors, hardware, accessories, etc.).
- The APM is responsible for the dissemination, tracking, updating and filing of all Architectural, Engineering and Consultant Drawings and Specifications; SK’s and other Submittals (i.e. RFI’s, Shop Drawings, and samples) and maintaining associated Logs.
- Assists Project Manager in preparation of Project Reports such as field, meeting minutes, tracking logs, and change orders.
- Prepares and revises punch list in cooperation with the Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Maintains Project Files in binders of all documentation as well as electronic files as per Company policy.
- Prepares the Owners Service and Maintenance Manuals, in cooperation with the Site Superintendent and Project Manager, for delivery to the Owner, Building Superintendent and our Service & Maintenance division.
- 2+ years of construction experience, preferably residential.
- Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management degree preferred.
- Must hold Home Improvement Contractor Salesperson license within 30 days of employment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Project and Timberline