Leader Bank, N.A., one of the fastest growing banks in Massachusetts, has an immediate opening for a temporary to permanent Mortgage Loan Underwriter. The ideal candidate will be responsible for taking all necessary steps in accordance with internal policies and procedures of Leader Bank to bring residential loan transactions to a “ready to underwrite” status. Applicants will be trained to understand and regularly utilize FNMA, FHLMC, and FHA products. It is essential that the candidate demonstrates the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. And of course, the possessions of strong written and verbal communication skills are an absolute necessity.
- Reviewing, examining and underwriting loans to ensure soundness, accuracy, business value and compliance with the standards of both Leader Bank our corresponding investors
- Evaluating debt ratio, loan-to-value ratios, credit score, property valuation and various other factors (including risk issues and potential fraud)
- Assisting in identifying, recommending and/or negotiating alternative loan requirements, funding and/or loan-structuring solutions
- Reviewing and analyzing special conditions, loan deficiencies and exception requests to determine the appropriate action
- Coaching field personnel and brokers on technical underwriting issues, problems and/or questions
- Regularly exercising discretion and independent judgment in addressing critical business-matters that have a significant financial impact
- Have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years underwriting experience
- Have experience in underwriting FHA loans (preferred)
- Understand the legal, regulatory, economic, competitive and technological environments which potentially affect various real-estate lending programs
- Flourish in a fast-paced inside sales workplace environment
- Possess extensive understanding of underwriting systems and their components
- Have computer-skills
- Advanced customer-interface skills
- Possess excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk/hear (e.g., communicate or express oneself while exchanging information). This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files at least 25 pounds, open filing cabinets, bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Leader Bank offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with company match, medical and dental insurance, and the opportunity to work for a fast growing organization.
Leader Bank, N.A. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Leader Bank, N.A. does not discriminate because of any protected class.