SUMMARY: The Restaurant Chef supervises and assists all chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an efficient and profitable food service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the day to day culinary activity and operation of the TAPS Sports Bar including food preparation, portioning and quality of food service.
- Writes and maintains menu spec books, menus, and plating guides.
- Manages food and labor costs for restaurant.
- Handles administration of outlet to include payroll, ordering of wares and food product.
- Hires, schedules, and monitors performance of direct reports.
- Ensures direct reports follow kitchen sanitation standards and health code regulations.
- Maintains records of food production.
- Supervises and prepares special orders as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Must be available for scheduled work.
- Must exhibit the Thoughtful Service model at all times.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities for departmental kitchen and prep staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. Two related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a large hotel, restaurant or casino required. Full knowledge of pantry, pastry and butchering.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess and be able to maintain a current Health Card, AES Card, or other required certifications as required by geographical area of the property.
Must be able to effectively communicate to guests and other employees. Ability to write reports, business correspondences and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to operate Point-of-Sale system accurately, Stratton warren system, excel, word, power point, email