Ready To Expand Your Restaurant Career? Join Our Leadership Team at Hub 51!
Are you a Restaurant Manager who loves to build rapport with guests and create a high-energy environment? If you have a real passion for team leading and providing the best in guest service -- then this may be the next step in your growing career.
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a nightlife environment. If you have this experience, you’re ready to grow, and you share our commitment to the highest industry standard, we’d like to hear from you. Please apply today. EOE. E-Verify.
- 2-3 years of restaurant management experience
- A positive, energetic approach to leadership & service
- Skilled at creating rapport with your guests
- Ability to lead teams as well as be a part of a team
- Experienced with working effectively in a high-volume environment
Bilingual skills and nightlife experience are a plus.
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly bonus program
- Restaurant discounts
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical/dental insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
- Vision plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Pre-tax transit benefit (where applicable)
- Training, development & advancement opportunities
- Paid time off including holiday, vacation, sick days, parental leave
- And more
Lettuce Entertain You is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We Participate in E-Verify.
We Participate in E-Verify.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the General Manager with the overall operation of a single restaurant. Work with the General Manager and Executive Chef in setting the direction of the business in day to day operations as well as a plan to grow the business, drive sales and manage costs. Must have the ability to run a smooth and efficient shift.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties will be assigned as needed) Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Interact with, direct and supervise employees on a daily basis in a fair and dignified manner.
- Assist with the interviewing, hiring, training, development and retention of qualified employees.
- Promote teamwork among co-workers and employees.
- Be hands on with all Front of House positions to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Authorize comps and voids for all service personnel.
- Follow up with employees and co-workers to ensure completion of assigned projects.
- Identify, address and document individual employee performance problems according to standard operating procedure. Discipline and/or terminate as necessary according to LEYE procedures.
- Assign employee workstations.
- Uphold applicable policies and requirements of employment laws.
- Become proficient in all job functions of both front and back of house employees.
- Organize and conduct periodic informational seminars for employees.
- Have thorough understanding of and practice LEYE Employee Handbook, employee benefits, and company philosophies.
- Assist with the scheduling, conducting, and documenting of employee reviews according to standard operating procedure.
- Review and amend agenda for shift service meetings (to be conducted by shift manager).
- Complete projects as assigned in a timely manner.
- Perform varied duties to ensure proper restaurant operation according to standard operating procedure.
- Create atmosphere including lighting, music, and temperature levels.
- Address customer complaints and problems effectively and courteously on an as needed basis.
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with difficult guests. Respond to their needs with patience and courtesy.
- Ensure adequate evening preparation levels based on business levels.
- Perform a pre-shift line check to ensure quality of all items.
- Perform a shift “walk through” in order to assess staffing, maintenance, cleanliness, zoning and any special needs.
- Complete opening sanitation checklist, assign sanitation projects to hourly staff and follow up with employees to ensure their completion.
- Work with Coordinator to ensure timely and accurate ticket times.
- Maintain food quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Assist with the maintenance of portioning and product specification.
- Comprehend and adhere to all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by federal, state, and local regulations.
- Comply with all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Identify and communicate inventory and equipment needs to ordering manager.
- Communicate repair and maintenance needs to General Manager and/or appropriate repair source.
- Become proficient in the use of equipment and utensils related to the operation of the restaurant.
- Become proficient in the use of all restaurant computer equipment, including the Point of Sale system, Avero, TMX/LLMS, Open Table, Frequent Diner and Gift Certificate terminals, and credit card terminals.
- Responsible for the security of, and balancing and paring of all cash banks.
- Track high cost items according to standing operating procedure.
- Inventory and order appropriate restaurant supplies i.e. liquor, food, linen, paper goods, cleaning supplies, general restaurant supplies etc.
- Perform and extend an end of the month and/or weekly inventory.
- Lead by example.
- Move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces.
- Must wash hands regularly, according to guidelines.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Pass a food and beverage test in English with a score of 90% or more.
- Pass an Alcohol Awareness test in English with a score of 90% or more.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
- Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers, partners and guests.
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant attitude every shift.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends and increased work schedules.
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels.
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
GENERAL RULES Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Get along with others and be a team player.
- Follow all uniform and appearance guidelines as befitting the image of the restaurant for the duration of the shift.
- Refrain from smoking for the duration of the shift.
- Arrive to work on time and in ready to work condition.
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- May not work under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- May not resort to any type of violence, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test within 90 days of hire date, where applicable.
Failure to abide by these and any other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject an employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Accessibility varies by location