Responsible for the overall operations and service of meals in all dining venues of the community. Responsible for the hiring, training and development, and ongoing performance management of the wait staff working in all dining venues of the community.
- Provide high levels of customer service and create a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
- Work closely with Director of Culinary Services and Executive Director to keep residents satisfied with food, service, and dining programs.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of the Art of Atria Dining enhancement programs.
- Review the daily menu with residents and staff.
- Orient new residents to menus, dining room hours, and dress code for dining venue.
- Solve issues before they become problems or complaints.
- Assist with room service delivery according to Company policy.
- Document and report resident attendance are for meals.
- Train and uphold Quality Enhancement standards at all times.
- Create dining staff cleaning schedules and task lists and hold staff accountable for completion of cleaning duties and tasks.
- Ensure that staff handles dishes, silverware, glassware according to Company guidelines and food handling guidelines.
- Maintain dining room in a clean, crisp, upbeat atmosphere at all times.
- Visually confirm that all tables are set according to Atria Standards.
- Ensure that dining room floors are clean and receive regular maintenance (sweeps and mops as necessary).
- Ensure that trash/refuse containers are emptied and kept clean.
- Ensure that beverage equipment, ice cream freezer, wait staff refrigeration, food, and supply storage areas are kept clean and in good working condition.
- Verbally and visually confirms resident satisfaction through out meals
- Assist with the transportation and storage of food and supplies.
- Ensure that the dining room side work is completed prior to the end of each shift.
- Hold staff accountable to maintain café and hospitality stations according to Atria Standards.
- Interview, hire, coach, train and develop wait staff.
- Conduct ongoing and annual performance appraisals given to assigned staff.
- Coach and train new and current wait staff to provide high levels of customer service and proper serving techniques.
- Assist Director of Culinary Services with back of the house operations as needed.
- Assist with preparation and execution of special events, banquets, and theme meals.
- Communicate the resident likes and dislikes to the cooks and Director of Culinary Services.
- Communicate complaints and compliments in the dining room to the cooks and Director of Culinary Services.
- Conduct pre-meal stand up meetings in the kitchen prior to meal service in the absence of the Director of Culinary Services and/or Chef.
- Attend resident Food for Thought meetings and lead meeting in the absence of the Director of Culinary Services and/or Chef.
- Attend and participate in monthly department meetings/in-services.
- Notify the Director of Culinary Services when mechanical problems occur with equipment.
- Manage the schedules in accordance to resident census and budgets.
- Communicate resident and guest food order accurately in order to avoid food waste.
- Manage the budget for such items as table linen, table setting supplies, uniforms, payroll and special events.
- Assist the Director of Culinary Services and Chef in the planning and development of menus based on resident likes and dislikes.
- Ensure that safety and security procedures are followed.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required along with two (2) years of experience in front of the house supervision.
- College or culinary institute degree preferred.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Basic Computer skills – Microsoft word and Excel.
- Able to carry a tray with at least six (6) meals and/or beverages at any given time.
What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in more than 225 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.