Primary Responsibilities: To provide the best “See You Tomorrow” guest experience by serving food and drinks and accommodating guests’ needs in a courteous and timely manner following Applebee’s Ten Basic Service Steps.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Delivers food and drinks to guests using Applebee’s team delivery system. (40%*)
- Greet guests, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food, drinks, and service. (20%*)
- Interacts verbally with all guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere. (10%*)
- Relays orders to service bar and kitchen via the point-of-sale computerized register system. (5%*)
- Observes guests and responds to any additional requests. (5%*)
- Presents guest check to each table and accepts a form of payment. Makes correct change and/or completes the proper charge card procedure. (5%*)
- Participates in the Server Guest Readiness responsibilities, Server Station Maintenance responsibilities and Server “See You Tomorrow” Readiness responsibilities. (15%*)
- Ability to complete the Server Guest Readiness responsibilities, Server Station Maintenance responsibilities and Server “See You Tomorrow” Readiness responsibilities.
- Ability to complete a 10-point readiness check on all tables.
- Transports plates, glasses and baskets to and from dining room, service bar, and the kitchen about 30 times per shift.
- Transports glass racks and cases up to 25 pounds (such as a case of beer) up to 15 times per shift.
- Reading, writing, basic math and verbal communication skills required.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to four (4) hours in length. Must have good sense of balance, be able to bend and kneel and have the ability to frequently lift and bus plates, glasses, trays, etc. weighing up to 25 pounds. Must be able to read and write to facilitate communication.