The Retail Brand Experience Specialist will be a member of the
in-house marketing team, which is responsible for creative materials
development, internal and external marketing communications, and merging Magpul’s
brand energy with its commercial sales team through business to business
relationships. A major part of this role will include facilitating the design
and development of in-store brand messaging and seasonal stories across
Magpul’s many retail partners. This will require a strong understanding of the
retail landscape to create premium retail experiences that connect our
customers to our brand and our products. In addition, familiarity with and
ability to work within the firearms accessories space will be vital to both
professional success and personal career satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Key Account Managers, the Key Account Marketing Manager, In-Store Merchandising Planners, and other stakeholders on storytelling elements, packaging, fixtures, and concepts that reflect and elevate company brand standards.
- Develop and execute brand and seasonal stories for in-store application, to include in-store elements, graphics, video, music, product communications, plan-o-gram development, and special projects.
- Work with internal creative assets, Retail Store Marketing Teams, and other stakeholders to determine retail brand voice in the development of product packaging and in-store brand experiences.
- Work with the Key Accounts Marketing Manager, Retail Store Marketing Teams/Merchandising Planners, and other stakeholders to create seasonal direction for windows and in-store elements.
- Work with and manage key external agencies, vendors, and installer relationships.
- Work with in-store Merchandising Planners in the B2C store development process to ensure an integrated approach to creating retail brand experience. Visit big box, local dealers, and specialty stores, as required, to assess needed changes and/or updates to brand presentation and the retail brand experience.
- Attend B2C, partner store, and other physical brand experience installations and store openings.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and the Key Accounts Marketing Manager on the seasonal retail brand execution calendar to align priorities, plan-o-grams, budget and strategy for big box, local dealers, and specialty retailers.
- Manage the retail brand budget supporting windows, in-store signage, product communications and other projects.
- Conduct market research and stay up-to-date on emerging trends in consumer brand experiences.
- Utilize merchandising software commonly used by large retailers.
- Up to 20% domestic travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Merchandising, Communications or related field.
- Must have cross-functional integrated marketing experience, with a minimum of 2 years' experience in window and in-store marketing and 2 years' retail experience.
- Must have relevant experience and strong knowledge of the latest trends and innovations in the retail space.
- Must have strong understanding of brand awareness and its importance.
- Must possess strategic planning and business acumen that drives breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement.
- Must seek to execute the best solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right, remaining highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity.
- Must be a strong verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to use typical MS Office tools such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- This position reports to the Key Accounts Marketing Manager within the marketing team.
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as, voluntary short-term disability and accident insurance. Additionally we offer a 401(k) Plan.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer. The applicant must be authorized to receive Technical Data and/or Technology under U.S. export control laws. Any offer made is contingent on the applicant passing a background check that will include a restricted party screening and, for prospective employees who are Foreign Persons, on the Company obtaining all necessary export licenses. In addition, the applicant will be required to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.