Apex Systems has a client with an immediate need for an Operations Telecommunications Engineer to work for a 6 month contract onsite in the Austin, TX area. If you would be interested in learning more about this role please contact Brian McCann at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume.
Position: Retail Contact Center Operations Telecommunications Engineer
Location: Austin TX
Length: 6 Month Contract
- The Retail Contact Center Operations Telecommunications Engineer is responsible for connectivity within the clients enterprise contact center environment in support of the regional Online and Retail Store business requirements.
- Areas of focus will include day to day telephony setup, modification and troubleshooting of the IVR and routing logic; coordination of site launches; collaboration with other business units on joint projects or goals; and special project or business needs as they arise.
- The candidate must be highly analytical, detail-oriented, technically savvy, and should possess a broad understanding of contact center systems with excellent troubleshooting skills.
- The candidate must possess excellent communication skills, and be comfortable presenting to all levels of management.
- Critical and creative thinking are essential.
- The ideal candidate will also have experience in a contact center environment, working independently while supporting the regional business unit to align with global goals. Responsibilities include:
- Day to Day operational administrator for the global telephony enterprise
- Support for the client and vendor site locations across multiple countries
- Represent the current telephony solution to project teams, business partners and other divisions within the region
- Work with internal teams to define project requirements and expectations as telephony subject matter expert
- Perform user acceptance testing on telephony environment, routing solutions and specialist tools
- Manage regionally focused projects of varied size, set priorities and create measures to define success
- Work with peer groups to determine how projects or changes may impact other global cross-functional teams
- Tier 2 operations support for the contact center operations teams
- May require on-call duty and non-standard hours
- Travel - domestic and international approximately 10%
The qualified candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with contact center platforms: Genesys, SIP environments, IVR, call routing, real time and historical reporting, WAN/LAN, custom built applications
- Excellent leadership skills, the ability to work in a dynamic environment and be able to adapt to sudden changes
- Experience interacting with all levels of management and departments within the company, as well as with vendors
- Strong understanding of the full lifecycle project process including understanding business and functional requirements, developing details business requirements, technical design reviews and implementing sustainable solutions
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to manage thru crisis conditions
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work with different teams
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers and business partners
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Superb communication skills - both written and oral
- Contact center engineering preferred Required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 3 or more years work experience in the contact center operations field
- Experience designing and developing contact center systems/tools
- Experience with Genesys SIP voice solutions
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline pressure
- Ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively on global teams and accommodate time differences if necessary Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.