Retail Systems Project Leader (Project Manager/Operations/IT)
This role is a combination of project management, business analysis and product owner all rolled into one.
The Retail Systems Project Leader will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “startup” mentality and environment that changes day to day and will “assume positive intentions” at all times.
The ideal candidate will possess a servant leadership mentality, have a passion for retail operations and end-user experience, have strong communication skills, be personable, be open to learning, collaborate well with others, and have a positive attitude.
- Establish and nurture strong business relationships with field partners and corporate partners to understand the business and execute process changes. Process change can include systems and/or operations.
- Prioritize and drive to solution on day-to-day maintenance, support and operational systems issues through collaboration and partnership. Examples: liaison between Galleries and IT for escalating systems outages, providing additional support for network or phone outages, troubleshooting systems functionality, resolving bugs, educating on gaps in systems knowledge, following up on unresolved issues, navigating through feedback, etc.
- Gather, analyze and convert data/feedback into useful business information to drive decision making process
- Initiate, analyze, define and document cross-functional requirements and processes to support a project/solution. Systems and processes can be related to point of sale, salesforce.com CRM, client service experience, inventory management, communications, education, operations, seasonal launch campaigns, etc.
- Lead and execute user acceptance testing along with cross-functional participation. One of the largest projects we have in 2018 is a new point of sale replacement project as well as supporting/enhancing our current order management and client experience systems.
- Develop communication, training and user manuals with the appropriate content, voice, and context for the audience. This impacts new systems rollout, enhancements to existing systems and operations, and changes to business processes impacting our current systems.
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities or challenges within scope of team/role and find solutions.
- Lead and/or assist in cross functional collaboration, training, implementation and success measurement, adaption against our strategic and financial plans.
- Lead and/or support additional projects as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS and EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years specialty/luxury retail systems and store operations experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills; ability to indirectly lead/influence partners to achieve desired results and meet deadlines
- Strategic and mental agility
- Strong written and verbal communications skill
- Strong knowledge in Salesforce.com CRM, including site administration, navigating reports and dashboards, chatter, etc.
- Possess passion and excitement for tackling big, complicated, and often ambiguous problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Works well independently and collaboratively.
- Proven ability to educate non-technical users about technical functions. Our field consists of a mix of technically sound and technically challenged users. Success means being able to connect and educated all of our people.
- Proficiency with Mac Operating System, Google Applications, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office
- Experience with order management, web platforms and CRM systems preferred (Salesforce)
- Adobe expert preferred for the development of training materials and documentation. Also experience with PPT for presentation creation.
- Act as the subject matter expert for all systems (main one being the Salesforce CRM) and be experienced/knowledgeable of resolving bugs, performing testing, overseeing development efforts
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall (hybrid).
- More concerned with what’s right, rather than who’s right
- Delivery of first-class service to our internal teams and our client
- Minimum BS/BA or comparable experience required
- PMI/PMP certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Ability to travel 10-15% locally and potential out of state to visit stores.
- Flexibility in hours. This is not your typical 9-5 job. Evening and weekend work may be needed during rollouts, etc.
About iTalent Digital:A woman- and minority-owned digital consulting company, we celebrate individuals and diversity, cultivating a culture where our people can excel and lead balanced lives. Recruitment at iTalent is guided by an unwavering principle: Only hire the best. Because we have the best people, we have the privilege of working with the best clients, doing the best work, and effecting transformative change at work and in our communities.
What you get:You get the chance to work with some of the best brands and high-performance teams out there! iTalent offers our W2 consultants excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K + matching. We are growing and we want to see you grow!
Log onto iTalent Digital to learn more about what working at iTalent can mean for you.