Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Responsible for analysis of financial and statistical data related to revenue cycle; creation, analysis, and distribution of reports surrounding all Revenue Cycle functions and Key Performance Indicators. Provide operational and strategic support in all Surgery Revenue Cycle functions across Penn Medicine to maximize administrative and clinical productivity, improve patient access to care, and capitalize on reimbursement. Provides leadership and training to internal staff and staff in the practices at the various hospital locations and provides assistance and oversight with revenue cycle daily activities. Takes an active role, often as a project leader, for the startup of new programs.
• 5 years of experience in all aspects of revenue cycle & operations/professional billing.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proficient with reading physician documentation and chart documentation
• Demonstrated management skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to accurately handle and process multiple tasks
• Ability to complete assignments on a timely basis and complete assignments
• Demonstrated ability to work under stress
• Knowledge of electronic systems for front end and back end functions and the willingness to learn new systems, applications and programs.
• Expert knowledge of excel data functionality, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in health insurance billing, collections and eligibility as it pertains to commercial, managed care, government and self pay reimbursement concepts and overall operational impact.
• Ability to work independently and follow through and handle multiple tasks/special projects simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form. This position requires the ability to interact positively and constructively with employees and leadership at all levels.
• Must be a motivated individual with a positive and exceptional work ethic.
• Ability to educate and train at all levels of professional staff.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.