Job Title: Revenue Cycle Manager
Scope of Position:
The Revenue Cycle Manager is responsible for day-to-day operations and leadership within the billing department. He/She is ultimately accountable for best-in-class revenue cycle management by providing quality billing and collections service to patients as well as accurate and timely billing, collections, and administrative processes and services within the organization. He/She will provide leadership, management, coaching and guidance to the associates assigned to the billing department. The Manager will measure and monitor internal objectives and departmental goals in accordance with the company’s established policies and procedures.
Knowledge of Job:
- Consistently motivated billing staff in a highly positive and proactive manner. Fosters teamwork by developing and implementing sound policies and procedures within the organization. Leads by professional example.
- Conducts analysis of department statistics, collections, insurance carrier performance and bad debt to identify ongoing service and collection strategies for the organization.
- Must have extensive experience with ICD-10 CPT, along with in-depth knowledge of Federal, State and payer regulations regarding medical billing compliance.
- Detailed experience of working and negotiating with managed care contracting.
- Monitor accounts receivable activity and initiate appropriate corrective measures as needed.
- Review/correct patient accounts to identify and resolve billing, processing, and coding problems in a timely manner.
- Revenue Cycle Management; communicates with billing department regarding errors, process improvement, tasks, etc. Find trends in errors and evaluate processes, claim follow up; manage all billing related questions.
- Develops and edits billing reports within billing system (Athena).
- Will assist the CEO, CFO, Physicians, and managers with A/R and other billing analysis as well as issue resolution.
- Ability to train, coach, and motivate employees.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct a department.
- Ability to prioritize and work with a high degree of initiative, flexibility, problem solving and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ensure that patient satisfaction is achieved through courteous and effective communication, problem solving and efficient processes. Accountable for the timely resolution of patient concerns and/or complaints.
- Resolve complex patient, physicians and other client issues when necessary.
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality, integrity and professionalism.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, health care or other related field.
Experience: Minimum five years of experience in medical billing office, E/M coding experience strongly preferred. Two years as a department manager in medical billing office department.
- Ability to communicate in writing, over the telephone, and in person with office staff, insurance representatives and patients.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, outside organizations, and the public.
- Skill in supervising staff and serving as resource to Physicians, staff and patients.
- Skill in using computer programs, spreadsheets, and development and editing of AR reports.