I. JOB SUMMARY
The Revenue Specialist (Payment Resolution) will perform research and analysis on payments to resolve payment disputes timely and accurately. Responsible to ensure proper feedback is given to our customers (traditional customers, collections, outside vendors) to increase the quality and timeliness of processing all incoming payment types.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Resolve customer payment exceptions using a detailed problem solving matrix. Expert level knowledge of various system tools is required to properly research customer remittance problems and identify receivables in the system to apply monies.
2. Provide support to the Cash Application Supervisor through consistent monitoring and audits of cash processing on the team. Quality assurance and problem resolution constitutes 90% of the Payment Processing Specialist’s workday.
3. Maintain and offer improvement suggestions on daily, weekly, monthly productivity reports under the guidance of the area supervisor.
4. Determine the root cause of repeat customer payment exceptions and problems by analyzing remittance history, invoice history, customer receivables and payables, rate history, and shipment information. Work with System Administrator, related departments, field, and our customer to avoid future payment exceptions.
5. Identify training opportunities for vendor employees and report those opportunities to the area supervisor. Provide appropriate feedback and coaching to vendor employees as instructed by the area supervisor.
6. Contact customers as necessary to accomplish duties. Route and respond to phone, email and other inquiries. Assist customers with the resolution of their payment exception issues through involving the necessary personnel and systems.
1. Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
3. Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
IV. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience in PC applications and mainframe systems.
3. Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Experience using MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
V. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Two (2) years of experience in transportation industry or revenue management.
2. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational background or work experience.
3. Experience in transportation industry.
VI. WORKING CONDITIONS
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
VII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying of 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.