The CSI Companies is currently seeking a LOD1 Operational Risk and Control Consultant with one of our clients in Atlanta, Georgia. Please review description and requirements below. This is a great opportunity to join one of the largest, most recognized financial institutions in the nation!
Duration: Contract position; potential for extension or to convert perm
Hours: Monday- Friday, 8AM- 5PM
Our client is seeking candidates that can interview and get started immediately. All candidates must complete and pass a Background check, drug screening, and other screenings if required.
Because The CSI Companies is a cut above the typical staffing firm, we understand that an attractive benefits package is an important aspect of recruiting above-average W-2 contractors to serve our clients. Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off.
LOD1 Operational Risk and Control Consultant develops, analyzes, coordinates and implements the LOB Risk Management programs and framework.
• Serves as the risk management expert providing leadership and meaningful input to ensure risk data is captured, risk mitigation strategies and controls are developed, and appropriate reporting mechanisms are in place.
• Assures the LOB has adequate processes and procedures in place to effectively monitor and manage risk.
• Monitors LOD1 activities related to BSA AML compliance with operational risk guidelines.
• Completes AML Risk Assessment (RAF) Risk Concurrence Targeted Reviews of complex units and LOB’s.
• Provides thought leadership and expertise in risk management practices and subject matter knowledge.
• Assesses levels of adherence/execution and identifies risk/control improvements in areas with high complexity.
• Develops practical solutions to implement operational controls and risk management activities.
• Identifies cross-segment solutions and collaborates across multiple areas to identify effective and practical controls and risk management techniques.
• Conducts risk and control assessments on a regular basis to ensure function/LOB meets corporate standards that specifically relate to internal operating controls.
• Makes recommendations for the update of function/LOB control, policy, procedures, and risk/control documentation.
• Develops project plans, determine scope, lead projects, and verify deliverables with stakeholders. Interpret results and present findings and recommendations.
• Assists with knowledge transfer of resources and processes to other Risk teams.
• Assist with projects and assignments to assure full compliance with provisions of Bank Secrecy Act law.
• May serve as mentor to other Risk & Control Consultants, as well as lead other teammates in project execution.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Prior BSA/AML experience
• 5 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management
• Strong knowledge of SOX and other industry-related regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
• Professional communication both written and verbal, presentation skills and relationship management skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Solid knowledge of risk management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, and deep understanding of segment/function business processes, with the ability to assess levels of adherence/execution and identify risk/control improvement opportunities.
• Banking, research or investigative experience helpful
• MBA or advance degree.
• Consulting experience at a corporate level.
• Experience in the financial services industry
• Project management skills.
• Ability to work within a matrix organization.
• Professional certification or license (ACAMS)
• Actimize system functionality