ABOUT THE JOBThe Retail Management Store Operations job family ensures a sustainable, safe, clean and functional environment for other co-workers, visitors and customers in order to protect and maintain the store's assets and buildings, in strict adherence with all applicable local and federal regulations and standards. Protects IKEA's co-workers, customers, and assets from preventable loss, injury, or illness within the unit.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
- Ensures the safety and security of the people and property within the unit.
- Completes safety, security, and compliance audits and trainings as required and maintains accurate records.
- Ensures that the business runs in a compliant way, according to applicable IKEA Group Policies, Standards and in alignment with national and local applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures all local building regulations are met and the buildings are safe and secure.
- Maintains critical equipment (alarms, phones, radios, other safety and security systems).
- Reports incidents according to guidelines in IRS.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- Certificate in safety management. (CSM) Preferred
- Experience working in safety and security in a retail environment.
- Experience with audits and equipment maintenance.