Drivers are vital contributors to the company’s success by responsible driving a 16 up to a 26-foot box truck, picking up of all donations, transporting material and servicing the sites from host locations to Planet Aid in the assigned route in the MD-DC-VA areas. Responsible for collecting all bagged and loose clothes and shoes in and around the bins. Responsible for the proper maintenance of the sites to include; cleaning, collecting all rubbish disposed in and around the bins, loading and unloading the truck through a variety of mechanisms, ability to utilize wireless scanning technology to prepare paperwork. Our warehouse is located in the Laurel- Jessup area.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to follow directions and possess a "can do" attitude.
- Ability to create and maintain cooperative team-building relationships.
- Work as a team with Operations Manager to meet organization goals and expectations.
- Employee must be in good physical condition, capable of obtaining a DOT card
- Ability of lifting excess of 50 pounds, able to climb steps and ladders, capable of bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Employee must be prepared to work in any traffic or weather condition according to the pickup locations.
Employee must be able to work in coordination with his or her supervisor and colleagues.
Employee must be prepared and flexible to perform associated and related job functions that are not specifically identified in this job description.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Employee must pass all pre-employment and background checks, including drug testing. Must be able to obtain a DOT card.
- Employee must have good interpretational skills and able to read maps, follow GPS directions, and efficiently navigate highways and roads
- Employee preferred to have up to 2 years of route delivery driving experience as the primary operator of the delivery vehicle.
Competitive wages, Weekly Pay, Vacation, Sick time, Holiday Pay, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending account, 401(K) plan and other fringe benefits.
Planet Aid, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, genetic information, and without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against and/or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.