Miller Brother Staffing Solutions is looking for an inside Sales Associate for a company based in Meadville PA
Position: Sales Associate
Shift: Varies (No Sundays)
Pay: $10.00-$12.00 + Incentive
- Maintain friendly and helpful demeanor toward all customer interactions beginning from the first time they walk into the showroom or call on the phone. Work diligently to make customers feel comfortable and welcome in the store.
- Ask as many questions as needed to determine what customers' needs/wants are and show them product that matches those areas. Ask questions about the customers' home/space where the appliance will be used to uncover any potential issues with fit, functionality, or size of the product they're looking for.
- Address customer questions/concerns and utilize online system for looking up additional product information/options.
- Utilize iPads during the sales process to show customers model information and additional product options not available on the floor.
- Prepare customer quotations for larger scope requests such as multiple appliance purchase kitchen remodeling projects. Follow up with customers after quotes were provided to answer additional questions and/or finalize order.
- Update and maintain customer database with information including name, phone number, email address, and mailing address. Taking special care to ensure correct spelling of all information.
- Seek and take advantage of opportunities to upsell to customers with accessory options, extended warranty, and other potential appliance needs.
- Review all installation and delivery details with customer and make appropriate notes in digital customer file for install/delivery team.
- Coordinate delivery schedule/dates with delivery team.
- Keep track of open orders - ensure they aren't kept open after the product has been delivered/installed. Close orders in a timely fashion.
- Monitor the placement and accuracy of price tags and other in house promotional materials. Correct and replace as necessary to assure the most current information is posted.
- Respond to incoming telephone calls promptly and professionally, and ensure that callers, as appropriate, are directed to the proper department.
- Serve as "post-sale contact point" for customers after sale and delivery/installation is completed, following up with customers periodically after their purchase to assure that they're happy and answer any questions/address problems as needed.
- Stay up-to-date on product offerings and technology advancements, read owners' manuals of products and seek additional training/education opportunities to enhance sales skills and/or product knowledge.
- Assist in the timely unpacking and re-stocking of received merchandise. Monitor the showroom floor for opportunities to improve merchandising practices.
- Sweep, vacuum, clean, and dust as necessary to maintain clean and orderly showroom and work areas (including glass in front door). Keep customer coffee station clean. Make sure mail is collected from the box in a timely manner. Regularly empty garbage cans in main office area.
- Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and decorum always.
- Adhere to the policies and practices specified in the employee handbook.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and as tasks are noticed around the store.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
Internal: Has regular contact and communications with President and all other store staff.
. External: Has regular contact with customers and the public.
Must demonstrate and maintain a personable approach to people.
Must be comfortable using technology such as computers, tablets (used on show floor to pull up additional product information for customers), online product catalogs, and POS system. Interest in developing knowledge about Smart and Connected appliances is preferred.
Must be willing to develop and maintain a working knowledge of the appliances and the electronic equipment sold in
Skills: Must have the following skills:
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, problem-solving, and listening skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to network effectively with fellow staff members and customers.
- Proficient computer skills
- Willingness to acquire additional knowledge and skills necessary to improve job performance and contribution to the organization
- Ability to organize daily objectives
- Ability and willingness to communicate to supervisor the status and progress toward completion of daily objectives
- Maintain a proactive approach to developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, and to assuring the ongoing success and prosperity of the business.
Able to meet the physical demands associated with the job duties.
Work is performed primarily in a busy retail setting, with occasional receiving and warehouse duties as well as occasional assistance with delivery and installation.