We have an opening with our Washington, DC client partner for a SAS and Python Application Developer. It’s an exciting position working on a federally regulated, risk and financial forecasting modeling app. This role will be working as part of the software application development team doing SAS and Python development, data analysis, data aggregation, (and a bit of reporting) in an Agile/Scrum environment on a Linux OS. This position will NOT be part of the data team doing heavy reporting, graphs, or dashboards.
This will start as a 12-month contract and will either be extended long-term or has the potential for contract-to-hire if you both agree it is a good fit.
Required skills include:
- Min 4+ years of SAS development experience (Application development, Data analysis, Data aggregation. Reporting with SAS is very secondary. Must be experienced in doing SDLC SAS development in an Agile team.)
- Min 3+ years of Python development experience
- Unix or Linux scripting experience (or experience with Win SCP may work as well)
- Oracle experience with advanced SQL skills.
- Agile Scrum/Kanban experience
- (+) Any Experience with Hadoop or Netezza a bonus
- (+) SAS certification a bonus
SES hires W2 benefitted and W2 non-benefitted consultants. Benefits include group Medical/Dental insurance/Vision/Life/ LT and ST Disability, 21 days of accrued paid time off, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Performance Bonuses, Paid Overtime and more. Salary/rate ranges depending on experience level. We’ve hired SAS folks on this team at a wide compensation range from mid-level to Architect.
Because of the sensitive financial subject matter, this position will require a full background check before you start. It takes about 3-5 days to complete.
** Due to corporate regulations, we cannot work with outside companies on this opening – only direct W2 individual candidates representing themselves to SES, please. **
SESC, Sr. Technical Recruiter
11951 Freedom Drive
Reston, VA 20190
O: (720) 550-4250