Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects?
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better. The Northrop Grumman Technical Services team is seeking an experienced military professionals interested in a challenging work environment supporting the US Army Mission.
Serves as the AFATDS Computer Based Training Instructor for the Fort Bliss Mission Training Center (MTC). Responsible for digital sustainment instruction for AFATDS systems in a classroom and Tactical Operations Centers (TOC) environments. Responsible for FIRESIM and EXCIS as part of the Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC) suite of simulations supporting training at the MTC. Assist units in the development of training requirements and exercise training tasks for TOCs and subordinate staff war fighting functions. Provides mentorship for Military Decision Making Process (MDMP) tasks during planning and execution. Responsible for developing the training requirements based on commanders training objectives (CTOs) and MCTC activities to simulate or stimulate higher headquarters requirements during exercises. Responsible for providing AFATDS databases, developing fire-plans, targeting and connectivity for all Mission Command Exercise Technical Working Groups and IPRs as required. Provides doctrinal Mission Command products, supports unit targeting workgroups and training to support the Commander's training objectives. Designs Air Ground integration and clearance of fires scenarios. Trains Assistant Instructors (AIs), maintains and updates Programs of Instruction (POIs) and coordinates classroom setup and connectivity with technical staff. Provides input to the collective training and technical teams for collective exercises and training events. Provides input and quality control for all fires functions and collective training, integration and utilization of the JLCCTC in training events. Must have expert knowledge of Fires and Field Artillery operations, systems, processes and doctrine. Maintains current knowledge on relevant technology and assists unit with training on digital systems. Other duties and projects as assigned by the Site Manager.
- Must have a High School diploma and a minimum of five years relevant experience.
- Requires the ability to communicate and share constructive perspective in order to achieve success of task and missions present and future.
- Required to become proficient with future versions of the simulations hardware/software and operating systems as they evolve.
- Creation and/or modification of simulation scenarios utilizing government provided software and hardware.
- Conduct briefings on technical data regarding scenario development. Write instructional material and conduct classes on how to review database content and provide appropriate input necessary for the development of simulation scenarios.
- Coordinate with military units to exchange technical data for scenario builds and implementation of the finished product.
- Must be a US citizen with a secret or higher security clearance or the ability to obtain one; applicant will be subject to a government security investigation.
- Must be willing to travel outside Fort Bliss 2-4 times/year for up to 2 weeks/trip.
- Experience with other AFATDS. FIRESIM, or EXIS systems
- Computer-Based Platform Instructor Certification /Experience a plus.
- Joint or Corps/theater staff experience a plus.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Site Manager
- Security +, A+, or other technical certifications a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.