The Electronics Technician Maintenance II applies basic and some advanced technical knowledge to solve routine problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals or similar documents. Work requires familiarity with the interrelationships of circuits and judgment in planning work sequence, in selecting tools, testing instruments, and is reviewed for compliance with accepted practices. This technician works under immediate supervision and achieves technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician. This Technician performs one or a combination of typical duties such as:
- Following specific instructions, assembles or constructs simple or standard equipmentor parts, servicing or repairing simple instruments or equipment;
- Conducting a variety of tests using established methods, preparing test specimens, adjusting and operating equipment, recording test data, and pointing out deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors;
- Extracting engineering data from various prescribed but non-standardized sources, processing the data following well- defined methods including elementary algebra and geometry, and presenting the data in prescribed form.
- Virginia WD 2015-4342 Rev 8 dtd 1/10/2018 applies.
- Desired Experience: Experience in Electro/Mechanical assembly and disassembly to include the use of hand tools, handling equipment, and detailed procedures.
Ability to qualify for and maintain DOD Secret Security Clearance; pass an Explosive Handler Physical; and successfully screen for Arms, Ammunition and Explosives (AA&E).
Minimum Education: Associates degree or equivalentor other 2 year technical degree in Engineering or military/commercial mechanical/ electrical systems training.
Desired Education / Experience: AA or other 2 year technical degree in Engineering or military/commercial mechanical/ electrical systems training with 1 year experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.