Apex has an opportunity for a SCCM Engineer role in Framingham, MA. This is a 6+ month contract to hire position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this opportunity; please send a Word resume to Sydney Gillis, Technical Recruiter, email@example.com
Position: SCCM Engineer
Apex Job ID: 865729
Location: Framingham, MA
Rate: Negotiable based on experience
Duration: 6+ month contract to hire
• Takes over all responsibilities for an existing SCCM infrastructure and continues to design, engineer and implement SCCM infrastructure solutions to support operational or customer facing systems (back office desktops, POS registers, and in-store kiosks).
• Takes over all responsibilities for an existing Decisions Workflow infrastructure and workflows used as a front-end processor for supporting device manifests and rebuilds.
• Planning and implementing required SCCM branch upgrades of existing infrastructure to stay current and supported by Microsoft.
• Writes scripts and PowerShell programs to automate and refine processes used to support the SCCM infrastructure systems, distribution point migrations and regular cadence SCCM upgrades
• Packages applications for distribution to desktops and servers via client mgmt. tools as required.
• Provides 3rd level technical support of SCCM infrastructure components and support processes for retail store deployments, device rebuilds, hardware and software install on endpoint systems.
• Provides technical guidance to Staples' retail business and IT organizations as required.
• Recommend areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed.
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Computer Science, MIS or another technical field) or 8+ years of equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing Windows desktops, Servers and Point-of-Sale systems in distributed environments. (Windows 7, 10, POSReady 7 & Server 2012 R2)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working with systems management tools such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or IBM BigFix
• Strong working knowledge with one or more scripting languages – PowerShell, Windows Command Script, Visual Basic Script
• Experience working with Installer technologies; Flexera AdminStudio, Wise Package Studio, InstallShield, Windows Installer
• Strong troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis
• Experience interfacing with vendors (for purposes of support, evaluations and/or projects)
• Experience managing small projects and leading initiatives with minimal direction from beginning to end.
Nice to Haves:
• Experience with enterprise network management tools like Infoblox for DNS, DHCP and IP Address management
• Working knowledge of PCI and PII requirements or working in a highly regulated industry
• Experience with enterprise application whitelisting tools, i.e., Carbon Black (formally Bit9)
• Experience with SDLC and/or Agile project methodologies
• Experience working with cross functional business and IT groups
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.