SDLC Project Manager - Contract - Parsippany, NJ - $55-58 per hour
SDLC Project Manager - Contract - Parsippany, NJ
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager, who continually engages with our project teams, who interacts regularly with the client, who thrives on the challenge of working across multiple projects and who can ensure that teams are being utilized effectively and that projects are being delivered on time/on budget. To be successful in this role you will be passionate about project teams, successful delivery and the client satisfaction.
* Actively support Product and Client Project Management for planning activities that needs to be completed for determination of project release dates
* Ensure projects delivery on-time, meeting quality requirements, and following the SDLC
* Work across the Dovetail organizations to construct release project plans, covering functional, development, testing, delivery acceptance, migration, and release
* Enforce adherence to Dovetail Quality process
* Close out of development projects
* Ensure good communication within the project team, including the functional, release, and migration teams
* Planning, execution, and delivery of client implementations, change requests, and patch deliveries
* Monitor and report on project/s progress against plans
* Prepare weekly status reports
* Monitor progress and track schedule and project costs vs. actuals
* Ensure time management system is used properly
SDLC Project Manager Skills & Requirements:
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
This position is NOT eligible for subcontractors or those that require sponsorship
* Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 5 years of progressively challenging project management experience within the Software Development discipline
* Must be able to works under broad direction, and take accountability for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives, as well as establish milestones
* Ability to provide effective leadership to the project team, and take appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances
* Demonstrates creativity and innovation in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stake-holder.
* Experience with using sound fundamental principles, and adapts development plans in a wide and unpredictable range of contexts
* Must understand and navigate the relationship between client requirements and resource constraints
* Ability to identify project risks and devise mitigation plans
* Excellent knowledge of MS Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
* Well versed in MS Project and JIRA
* Solid oral and written communication skills to interact with all levels internally and externally
* Possesses a positive, quality-oriented, reliable, and flexible approach
* Financial, Banking sector industry experience, Payments Systems desirable
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.