SIGNAL PROCESSING INTERN
L3 Adaptive Methods, www.adaptivemethods.com, is a wholly owned subsidiary of L-3 Technologies headquartered in Virginia with offices in Maryland, Florida, Rhode Island and Washington is a developer of advanced sensor processing and computing architecture products for surveillance, security and military combat systems. In partnership with the federal government, we address critical U.S. Navy Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) needs.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. citizenship, for access to sensitive information.
The Sensor Systems group at L3 Adaptive Methods is seeking a summer intern with a background in Electrical Engineering and an interest Signal Processing. In this position, you will work with our Signal Processing and Advanced Development groups in simulation development, data analysis, and code development for US Navy Sonar signal processing systems. You will learn about real-world applications of filtering, spectral analysis, detection, optimization, and coding.
Prior signal processing coursework, as well as Matlab and C/C++ programming experience are highly desirable.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Work as part of a small team of engineers and software developers providing advanced solutions for US Navy programs in the area of Sonar Signal Processing.
- Develop and test simulations to explore new concepts.
- Support algorithm assessments of new technologies including adaptive beamforming for both passive and active systems.
- Support Test and Integration events.
- Prepare and present technical reports.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Pursuing a Bachelor or Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Interest in signal processing and active sensing applications.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
DESIRED JOB SKILLS:
- Exposure to Sonar or Radar signal processing applications.
- Experience with Matlab and/or C/C++.
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems.
Submit resumes, referencing SPINTERNVA-TCDG-0918 and salary requirements to http://www.adaptivemethods.com/careers/current-jobs/ .
If you are interested in applying for employment with L3 Adaptive Methods and believe you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources Department.
Hearing impaired users please have your relay service provider contact our Human Resources Department.
L3 ADAPTIVE METHODS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.
Click Here To Apply