We are currently looking for a Software Engineer II to join our team in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area. As a Software Engineer II, you will play a key role in developing the software that will help transform consumers’ shopping experiences at today’s major retailers. Our client provides services to retail clients worldwide by developing and delivering an array of custom software solutions such as POS, self-checkout and mobility solutions. We provide services to retail clients worldwide by developing and delivering an array of custom software solutions such as POS, self-checkout and mobility solutions.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer II include:
• Developing application software in an agile framework utilizing Java and C++
• Working in cross functional teams to define self-checkout application requirements
• Analyzing/providing schedule input
• Writing functional and design specifications
• Supporting software test efforts and participating in support of the software once in production
• Participating in all phases of self-checkout application software development, from design inception through coding, delivery and support
• Communicating with individuals at varying technical levels, from application architects to end users.
Required Skills of the Software Engineer II:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience in Software development
• 2+ years of experience in Java object-oriented programming
• 2+ years of experience in C++ object-oriented programming
• Experience with Linux
Preferred Skills of the Software Engineer II:
• Retail domain knowledge
• Windows experience
• User Interface technology
• Relational Database Experience (SQL)
• Problem determination and debugging skills
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.