What you’ll do
Provide leadership and direction to the Suppliers within the Region toensure compliance to GKN’s Supplier Standards, QCD performance processrequirements, purchasing ISO/TS16949 Quality systems, Limited APQP and PPAPprocesses and KPI’s are measured, managed and results reported to GKNmanagement.
- Provide Supplier Quality support to the Regions to meet Regional SQA objectives
- With the Regional SQA Manager participate in setting annual Plant KPI (Key Process Indicators) Targets.
- Work closely with plant’s Quality Managers to support Plant Quality objectives through Supplier Quality
- Participate in Supplier selection and development processes for local plant Suppliers
- Challenge local and regional supplier performance to continuously improve to meet targets
- Facilitate the Continuous Improvement process, Supplier Turnaround process, and manage C/I Plans with the Plants Top Focus Suppliers.
- Provide Supplier Quality support to the Purchasing function for SQA activities to meet Program launch objectives.
- Support the Supplier Quality Commodity engineer with APQP activities assistance as needed to ensure successful launch process for critical programs is achieved.
- Ensure Supplier capacity is properly planned, analyzed and verified before launch.
Concern & ComplaintManagement
· Manage the SupplierConcern and Complaint (CCM) Management process in the Plant.
· Update the CCM systemwith required information and related databases to generate standardperformance reports.
· Provide leadership andsupport to the problematic Suppliers through management of the formalCorrective Action Process to improve the quality of the purchased product fromthese Suppliers.
Administration and dayto day management
· Support the Regional SQAManager with SQA support to GKN WOW’s and CI plans
· Interact and communicatewith the Central / Regional SQA team
· Ensure proper use andsupport of GKN Purchasing/SQA IT systems
· Prioritize localresolution of issues; escalate to Regional or Central SQA when needed.
· Manage Supplierperformance process for your assigned plant and responsibilities to meet andexceed the agreed upon targets.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technical field or EquivalentExperience.
· Fluent in English, with an international mind set
· Technical Quality Certifications preferred
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.