Please Note: We can only consider US Citizens or Green card holders for this role.
Medium sized Carmel Indiana analytics company is in need of a database administrator responsible for maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting all database servers, data warehouse and is responsible for creating and maintaining ETL processes.
This role will have a large amount of visibility and responsibility on the team, so we need someone who is energetic, collaborative, can demonstrate ownership of technology as well as act as a "sanity check" for the development team. 40 Hour Weeks are typical with low off hour or weekend requirements.
Functions of the role
- Database backups/restores/migrations
- Patching and upgrading database servers
- Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting databases
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries
- Designing and developing SQL statements, procedures, SSIS packages, and tuning query performance
- Performing and executing data extradition, transformation, and loading using Microsoft SSIS
- Ensuring compliance of standards and conventions in development
- Working closely with members of the IT and data teams as well as other departments to gather requirements for tasks and projects
- 3+ years of experience in a SQL Server DBA role
- experience in the design and implementation of business intelligence databases
- Thorough understanding of the concepts of dimensional and relational databases
- Strong foundation in database development, dimensional database design, RDBMS technologies, and standard SQL
- Analytical thinking in solving problems
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
Additional Experience Desired:
- Experience with C#
- Microsoft Visual Studio and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS) or Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with data visualization