Position is ideal for an SQL Database Administrator who majored in Computer Science or Engineering and is looking for an opportunity to apply their understanding of SQL Server for supporting applications developed in .NET. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain tons of experience while working in a fun, fast paced environment.
Salary Range: $100K - $150K
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Work from Home (attend weekly meeting onsite and offsite)
The SQL Database Administrator will be responsible for all information technology database systems and the purchasing of related software at IST. S/he will lead in the design and planning of the database schemas to support new & existing applications, technologies and security, and thereafter play a key role in the maintenance of such tools and systems. They will maintain the Relativity infrastructure and support the Project Management team. This position will report directly to the CIOand work closely with the IT Infrastructure and Development teams.
Essential Administration Functions:
- Support, administer, optimize and maintain development SQL Server database environments running on Windows platforms
- Provide database design and implementation of SQL Server databases
- Provide extended hours of support for infrastructure, Relativity and database systems when required
- Diagnose SQL Server database issues, including performance, and data integrity issues
- Provide coding guidance, review and optimization of SQL Server SSIS packages, and related application programming interfaces, chiefly MicroSoft.Net
- Provide full support of SQL Server SSRS, and SSAS services
- Provide extensive project and developer support
- Provide support of maintenance plans (including DBCC), backup, recovery, and refresh of development SQL Server databases
- Provide database capacity planning
- Support the Relativity infrastructure working the Project Managers to provide quick resolution to systems issues affecting customers.
- Planning/advisory/installation/validation of all Relativity patches and upgrades
- Provide support for database inventory reporting process and database license usage/compliance reporting
- Provide high-level instance and statement level tuning, and optimum data loading/ETL techniques, and requests
- Provide database support through 3rd party database tools (e.g. – RedGate)
- Plan, install, and upgrade database binaries and instances as required
- Provide database space management and some monitoring of databases performance metrics
- Will make recommendations to the CIO about recommended software and hardware the Company should invest in.
- Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance
- Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes
- When users complain about the performance of a particular query, help developers improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes or converting to a server side function / stored procedure.
- Advise developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, data types, stored procedures, functions, etc)
- S/he will be involved with software licensing tracking and purchasing, and security.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- MCDBA certification required, MCSA or MCSE certifications would be a plus.
- Relativity infrastructure support experience.
- US Citizen or Authorized to work within the United States without sponsorship.
- Minimum 2years experience
- Excellent organizational and project management skills including ability to organize time and work on multiple tasks and follow through to completion of tasks or projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to create and write clear, complete documentation of systems and procedures.
- SQL Server 2012 R2 Server or later - Design of normalized relational database structures. The building of diagrams, views, triggers and stored procedures to improve total solution performance and data integrity. Installation of SQL Server on Windows 2012 R2 or later in Stand-a-lone, Replica, Active/Passive or Active/Active modes. Tuning of database indexes & statistics, tempdb, full text indexing as well as establishing & maintaining database maintenance and disaster recovery plans. Understanding of Microsoft’s database synchronization framework (MSF).
- SQL Reporting Services – The deployment of web based reports using Microsoft’s Business Development Studio with integration support into the .NET platforms.
- Collaboration – Use of existing architecture to minimize development time while adding foundational infrastructure that software developers and outsource vendors can leverage within synergistic solutions.
- Relativity Electronic Discovery Infrastructure Support – Experience administering Relativity and Invariant database deployments supporting ETL processes and customer implementations. Willingness to acquire Relativity Infrastructure Specialist certification.
- SOC 2 Type 2 – Knowledge of service organization compliance requirements related to data security and encryption for HIPPA, SOX and PCI industries.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or with a team and play nice with others.
- Must be able to lift PC equipment and run cabling
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time
Compensation is commensurate with education, work experience, proven database administration results and previous salary history.
IST Management Services, Inc. is one of the fastest growing, privately held Business Process Outsourcing companies in the U.S. The company provides total office solutions including e-Discovery, court reporting, document management and the management of copy, mail, imaging, supply, records, reception, desktop publishing, shipping & receiving, and administrative services for law firms and other large companies. IST uses cutting-edge technology to manage and operate its on-site facilities including the use of proprietary database management systems and a host of on-line, web-based software programs for mail sorting, package tracking, skill-tracking, human resources, payroll, billing, charge-back, purchasing, copier service calls, copy-track, customer relationship management (CRM), e-discovery, and Docstor which is a cutting edge, document management and scanning software package that provides users total control of their file storage. IST was selected as one of the fastest growing companies by the Atlanta Business Chronicle. IST was also awarded the Human Resources Professional Excellence Award by the Society for Human Resource Management due to its outstanding employee reward programs. IST was also a winner of Atlanta’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work for award. The company is over 22 years old with operations in over 50 cities throughout the U.S. Its sales goal is $500 million within twenty years or less. It has a strong culture and is able to provide consistent, high-quality service regardless of location. Its recruiting standards are high.