MIDTOWN is looking for a SQL Developer to add to our first class organization.
About Our Company
MIDTOWN Corporate Office is a pleasant work environment serving our upscale athletic clubs and club management partners across North America. Our team of associates is committed to exceptional performance, delivering our promise to members, and supporting a workplace where everyone can reach their full career potential.
MIDTOWN ATHLETIC CLUBS is an industry leader in upscale fitness and sports resorts. Founded in 1970 as a single tennis club in Chicago, Midtown now has 8 full-service tennis and fitness facilities in the United States and Canada. To learn more, read Our Story.
MIDTOWN HEALTH, sister company to Midtown Athletic Clubs, is a leader in fitness center management and employee wellness solutions for medically-integrated and corporate fitness centers throughout the United States. To learn more, click here.
The SQL Developer helps create and maintain reports, dashboards, and analytical datasets for company use, from multiple data sources. The successful developer will also assist with ETL scripts and monitoring data migrations; and will assist with new data warehouse and analytics projects. This position reports to the Manager of (Software) Development within the IT department and will:
- Maintain and create highly-performing SSRS reports that include membership management data, accounting data, and marketing data (SQL Server 2012)
- Create and maintain data mart and data warehouse ETL scripts and tables
- Work with BI and marketing team to produce analysis datasets as needed
- Work with Manager of Development to create self-service reporting datasets as needed
- Create Tableau dashboards and reports
- Maintain SQL synchronization scripts
- Assist with monitoring ETL and synchronization jobs
- Create and maintain data transfer scripts and jobs for 3rd party software needs
- Document code and processes as needed
The required skills for a successful SQL Developer include:
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar concentration and 3+ years of experience; or 7+ years’ experience with SQL development (T-SQL, PL-SQL, Postgres, MySQL) that includes report creation/maintenance, script creation/maintenance, and database performance techniques required
- Experience with SSRS, Crystal Reports, Pentaho, or similar required
- Experience with Tableau highly recommended
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT and data warehousing highly recommended
- Knowledge of Azure SQL Server instances and VMs a plus
- Knowledge of writing Python, ASP/.Net, or similar against APIs a plus
- Problem solving, analytical, and communication abilities
- Willingness to work overnights and on weekends as needed
- Ability to work alone on projects as well as within a part of a larger software team
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical associates to gather requirements and test solutions
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.