TITLE: Staff Accountant
COMPANY: AMI Group, LLC
REPORTS TO: Controller/Director of Accounting
DATE: JUNE 2016
Support Controller/Director of Accounting in reporting financial information in a timely and accurate manner for AMI Group, LLC as well as for the Chicago Parking Meters, LLC business unit.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepare monthly reporting package, including comparative reports of GAAP operating results and financial position and variance explanations.
2. Prepare or review audit workpapers. Assist in preparing quarterly statements and annual audited financial statements.
3. Record and reconcile revenue accounts.
4. Analyze revenue and expense accounts for budget variances.
5. Prepare monthly funding requests.
6. Process accounts payable invoices and process checks.
7. Perform bank reconciliations.
8. Prepare month-end close and related general ledger journal entries.
9. Prepare monthly reforecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Controller/Director of Accounting.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must possess the written, verbal and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively. Must have the ability to work independently to implement strategies to meet company goals. Must be highly organized and able to prioritize workload. Must be able to develop and maintain cross-functional group relationships.
Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, and two to four years of accounting experience.
All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.