Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Responsible for assisting with the consolidated month-end close.
- Responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger, related financial statements, and month-end close.
- Accumulate, organize and maintain information for the preparation of financial statements, ledgers, and reports.
- Analyze key financial data, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office; strong PC skills; stress tolerance and ability to handle changing priorities; strong interpersonal skills; effective written and oral communication skills, self starter who needs little motivation or direct supervision; ability to plan and organize. Knowledge of general ledger, ability to analytically review fluctuations and financial reporting system background a necessity; understanding and familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures of accounting. Cognos Finance, Impromptu, Infinium, and Innovative system knowledge a plus.
- Education: Bachelorâ€™s degree from an accredited university or college with major in finance or accounting.
- Experience Required: One to two (1-2) years of business experience required.