Home Health Aides / Personal Care Aide - YOUNGSTOWN OHIO area
1 year of verifiable HHA or STNA experience is required.
DAY SHIFT (1st Shift)
Our company was built on the belief that all individuals can excel in a community setting regardless of the difficulties they face on a daily basis.
Our combined experience of over thirty years working with individuals with developmental disabilities gives us a uniqueadvantage in helping all persons live a life full of potential.
Day in the Life of a Personal Care Aide/ Home Health Aide
Serve as primary service provider for one or more individuals as assigned. Assists consumers in self- help and/or daily living skills which may include but not limited to personal hygiene, meal preparation, medication reminders, light housekeeping, assisting with mobility, escorting to appointments, assisting with personal care and other duties as assigned. Implements all appropriate programs as set forth in the habilitation plan and documents the outcome of each session. Writes daily and monthly summaries that are understandable and may be useful in the planning and monitoring of Individual Plan. Reports changes in the patient's condition and needs to the RN. Supervised by Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor/RNs, PTs, OTs, and SLPs. Works in the home of the consumer.
- Maintains records (e.g. log data, program information and any unusual occurrence) of consumers progress, unusual incidents, medication reactions, etc. Reports to management any needs of the individual or program which has been designed but is not being met
- Responsible for each assigned individual at all times or as specified in the service plan.
- Supervises and assists individuals throughout various activities/events during the daily routine, including but not limited to, doctor's appointments, shopping trips, scheduled activities, barber/beautician appointments, family visits, etc.
- Knowledge of state and company standards for resident care, skill in direct care support procedures, (e.g. taking of vital signs, personal grooming, appropriate lifting and positioning procedures, first aid).
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables within familiar context; maintain accurate records; cooperate with co-workers; develop good rapport with consumers and demonstrate physical strength to lift at least 50lbs.
- Valid Ohio driver's license, personal vehicle insurance at state minimum guidelines, and a safe working vehicle must be at the site at all times.
- Ability to read with concrete vocabulary and write accurate legible summaries. Successful completion of all required background checks.
- CPR certification required, documentation of current TB test if available.
*BONUS will be earned after 90 days if qualifications are met - No Call-Offs, No Tardiness, No Leaving Early.0