ResourceTek is seeking a Safety Coordinator for their US operations. This role will be based out of the Bay City / Houston, TX area but will involve out of town travel (travel estimated at 30%).
The selected candidate will provide leadership and perform as an effective facilitator to influence a proactive approach to safety. Candidate will assist in establishing, promoting, directing and maintaining safe work practices and procedures in various heavy industrial manufacturing facilities and construction sites.
Will perform audits to ensure ResourceTek maintains a safe, accident free, and healthy work environment as well as encourage safe work initiatives with field crews, subcontractors, and other vendors.
Ideal candidate will have experience anticipating, recognizing, evaluating, and controlling safety and health hazards AND will provide expert input into problem-solving and implementation relative to those hazards to continually improve the performance of ResourceTek’s Health and Safety Management System.
Description of Duties:
- Provide technical expertise in new equipment/facilities development by actively participating in Project Safety and Health reviews, audits and internal self-assessments.
- Analyze injury and incident data and assist supervisors and management in injury reduction efforts. Develop systems, procedures and processes that can be deployed to achieve injury free work performance.
- Act as location leader for maintenance safety for the company
- Provides technical support to achieve compliance with standards, policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Provide technical expertise and participate in injury/incident investigations to assist in identifying root cause analysis and provide recommendations to prevent reoccurrences.
- Will provide Health, Safety and Environmental leadership and monitor, assess and guide the safe work of employees contracted to complete project for maintenance and construction work.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in construction safety in an industrial setting.
- OSHA 30 hour minimum is required. BS Degree highly desired but not required.
- General knowledge of select agency HSE/PSM regulations and specific knowledge of heavy industry safety standards.
- Must be capable of producing written reports and conducting safety oriented meetings for Project Managers and Superintendents as well as other key construction personnel.
- Ability to work independently and perform key functions in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Have clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Have effective time management and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Be team oriented, flexible and able to work with minimal supervision.
ResourceTek offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including vacation/holidays, Group Medical (BCBS), Flexspend, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and more.