Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We're at the forefront of solving mobility's toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what's now to what's next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com.
We're hiring a Sales Account Manager - General Motors in Troy, MI. (relocation not offered at this time)
In this role, you'll have the responsibility of price contract for purchase orders for current and growth business. Assure contracted payment is fully being received for shipment of goods and services. Manage program pricing and engineering change quotations to ensure program profitability, and managing customer interface with purchasing and cost analysis group. Achieve revenue targets while improving profit. Further develop relationship with customer.
What you'll do:
- Achieve revenue and profit to business plan and budget
- Manage price strategy and engineering changes
- Complete price quotations accurately, timely and with sufficient details to meet customer expectations
- The realities of the competitive environment sought, analyzed and communicated
- Assure past due receivables are less than 1.0%. Receive PO price and assure Genpact posts to SAP
- Establish effective working relationship with customer
- Support Aptiv NA GM Customer team business priorities
- Be proactive in managing customer interfaces to ensure Aptiv (ENG/PM/Manufacturing) responsiveness to customer requests
- Manage commercial issues to ensure program execution
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
What you need to have:
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering or Business
- 3 + years understanding of electrical/electronic product function in automotive industry
- 3 + years customer facing sales experience
Would be nice to have:
- 2 + years Engineering/reliability experience
- 3 + years understanding of automotive wiring harness applications
- Multiple staff area experience
- Previous sales/material/program management experience
- Advanced business degree
- Good communication/interpersonal skills
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Aptitude for financial business case metrics
- Proven ability to multi-task complex situations
Traits we seek:
Aptiv USA Rewards & Advantages:
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?