Silgan Containers is currently looking for a highly talented Sales Manager to join our sales team! The Sales Manager will represent Silgan to a variety of major food processing companies that manufacture and market national brand and private label food products distributed throughout North America and beyond.
Essential Job Functions
- Expand scope of contact that can influence our overall account objective and provide support in their organization to assist in our selling effort.
- Present product line, services, and policies to customers.
- Resolve all customer problems, criticisms, and complaints.
- Acquire significant information regarding latest competitor activities and developments in the total packaging industry.
- Search for new sales opportunities.
- Use selling aids and tools offered by the Sales and Marketing department and other business units.
- Plan all aspects of the work to produce maximum possible efficiency.
- Resolve account service and quality issues.
- Work closely with the Customer Support Specialists to achieve the best possible customer relations.
- Familiarity with all pertinent aspects of the customer’s organizations.
- Administrative responsibilities include accurate monthly and year-end sales forecasts, SG&A budget control, sales plan development, plus customer, competitor and market share reports.
- Improve business earnings and cash flow.
- Assist Sales management training Sales personnel as required.
- Help develop operating budget.
Specific Profit Enhancement Responsibilities
- Attain maximum possible selling prices.
- On a selective, strategic basis, add volume by developing an account business plan.
- Insure that appropriate accruals are established.
- Insure that customers pay invoices.
- Lead and assist Technical Service, Customer Service and Manufacturing colleagues in consolidation of product specification and the resultant reduction in operating costs.
- Control selling expense at or below budget.
- Develop and implement shared cost savings.
- Develop sales channels for obsolete inventory.
- Minimize inventories and manufacturing changeovers by continually providing accurate forecasts and managing demand.
- Minimum five (5) years related experience.
- Bachelor Degree is required: preferably in Packaging, Marketing or Business, but will consider other areas of study.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish-(not required, but preferred).
Click Here To Apply