TRI-K Industries, Inc.
Job Title: Sales Account Manager, West Coast - Surfactants Commodities
Reports To: Director of Sales, North America
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: 12/17
Summary: Generates sales by maintaining and expanding relationships with clients and prospecting new account relationships within an assigned territory. Works collaboratively with Management to maximize profits. Assists with national sales reporting, strategic planning, and special projects as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meets regularly with the customer to understand their objectives, requirements and future project needs.
- Develops account relationship, recommends new product and technology, and obtains feedback on products.
- Implements strategies to maintain and/or expand sales in conjunction with corporate goals and objectives.
- Prepares and implements short and long terms sales strategies for each account
- Forecasts the product demands and prepares reports as requested.
- Prepares project and sales activity reports and presentations as requested.
- Provides detailed documentation of all sales activity in contact management database.
- Follows up with R & D, Marketing and Customer Service to assure customers receive requested support.
- Manages and expedites the resolution of customer problems/complaints.
- Prepares and conducts technical/product presentations as needed.
- Represents the company at trade shows to promote products and technologies
- Keeps abreast of market trends, new technology, and competitor pricing.
- Plans cost effective travel and itineraries to maximize client contact and efficiency.
- Submits Call Reports, Itinerary Reports and Expense Reports within the required time frame.
Approximately 50-60% travel, with overnight stays, and 40-50% telecommuting from home office.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data. Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Project Management - Develops project plans; Completes projects on time and budget. Oral Communication - Demonstrates group presentation skills. Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans. Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Adaptability - Manages competing demands. Innovation - Develops and presents innovative approaches and ideas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Chemistry or related field. Minimum of 5 years account management experience. This job requires experience in either Specialty ORSurfactant Commodity products.
Ability to read, speak and write clearly and effectively, in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the following programs: word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, internet skills and project management software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Domestic and international travel. Remaining time is spent in the business office or telecommuting from a home office.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and read. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.