J&C Tropicals, a well-established and growing national tropical produce distributor is searching for hands-on Sales Associate to focus on the management and development of existing and new accounts. The Sales Associate will focus on growth and profitability in line with company vision and will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales and profitability goals, achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly sales benchmarks, and growing the presence of our brand nationally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Proactively prospect for new business
- Qualify new accounts through inquiry and research
- Track and follow up on leads
- Present existing customers with new opportunities, including value added services
- Negotiate optimal terms including pricing
- Engage in regular travel to meet with clients and prospects
- Participate in industry trade shows and events
- Consistently meet or exceed agreed upon sales goals
- Sell on a weekly basis
- Ensure excellent customer service
- Build strong relationships with customers by communicating with and visiting often
- Proactively communicate customer feedback to other team members especially the procurement team
- Understand the company’s competition.
- Understand all key aspects of the company’s product line and category structure. Work directly with Sales Manager to develop an overall action plan
- Assist in development and implementation of marketing plans and products to promote sales strategy.
- Develop customer/product strategies and plans and execute accordingly
- Actively participate in sales, pricing and related meetings
- Price products according to company policies and market conditions
- Understand and follow order entry processes
- Proactively manage product returns and credits in order to increase profitability
- Interact with other departments including procurement, transportation and shipping in order to ensure timely delivery of high quality product
- Analyze sales results data in order to maximize opportunities and troubleshoot problem areas
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual sales forecast
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, LICENSES AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferred
- 3-5 yrs. experience of successful sales growth
- Produce or flower industry experience is a most
- Strong retailer and wholesaler relationship base preferred
- Strong level of experience in the use of customer relationship management systems
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High levels of strategic and creative thinking
- Goal orientated tasking
- Collaborative, team-oriented style
- Excellent presentation skills
- Professional demeanor
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Adapt to a rapidly changing marketplace
- Maintain confidential information
- Individual must be available to travel at least 20% of their time, both domestically and internationally
- Merchandising knowledge
- Microsoft Office proficent
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish/English) speaking
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectionate or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
We are a drug free workplace