The company is currently seeking a Sales Counselor to initiate and close home sales in Gehan Homes, LTD's. Dallas area communities in order to achieve personal and company sales and closing goals.
At Gehan Homes, LTD., we pride ourselves on our culture and our ability to make the Company a place that employees enjoy coming to each day. We believe that hard work is important, but we also believe life balance is essential. We encourage and support our employees in becoming their best, both personally and professionally. Everything we produce is due to the talent and hard work of our team members. We believe that, when people share their ideas and talents, great things can happen.
The company offers numerous options to help its employees achieve their financial, professional, and wellness goals including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Paid time off
- Company provided life insurance policy
- 401(k) plan and match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Career development and opportunities for advancement
- Charitable activities and more
- Meet and build rapport with prospective buyers, determine home needs and interests, make a full presentation of our model homes and/or inventory homes and lots based on the prospects needs
- Convert community traffic to sales at the projected ratio
- Follow up with all potential buyers to convert to sales; prospect and develop referral contacts
- Maintain low cancellation numbers per company goals through proper loan pre-qualification
- Meet or exceed sales goals set by the company
- Manage buyer through the design, loan, start, construction, closing and warranty processes to ensure timely completion of buyer activities
- Communicate all applicable changes or issues to management, construction, administrative personnel, lenders, title company and/or buyer as appropriate to ensure proper expectations internally and externally
- Trouble shoot and offer suggestions for solving any problems which may lead to a delayed closing
- Maintain a high level of integrity and customer satisfaction
- Present a professional and positive company image through behavior and appearance
- Develop thorough knowledge of home features, options pricing, and design center selections and effectively communicate those to customers
- Monitor local competitors products and communities and have a value presentation of Gehans homes positive differences
- Host and attend realtor events; coordinate events such as model home grand openings and referral events
- 3 or more years' history of high sales performance selling new homes
- Strong demonstration of the principles of product demonstration, sales techniques, and quality customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, adaptable to varying styles while projecting a positive image of the company
- Must be skilled at persuasion, negotiation, resolving conflict, identifying the needs of others, and making effective presentations
- Ability to work autonomously and be internally driven to meet goals which will lead to success in the position; very organized and customer service oriented
- Familiar with the operation of computers and various software programs
- Able to remain calm and effective despite stressful environment
- Possess current, valid driver's license and proof of adequate, current auto insurance for the State of Texas
Sales Counselors must have a clean, safe, four door vehicle available for use on each workday in order to transport themselves and/or prospects to various properties in the community. Suitability of vehicles will be determined at management's discretion.
At Gehan Homes, LTD., employment is based on personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact Gehan Homes' corporate offices.