Job ID: 12129
Who we are (Company Overview)
AMETEK, Inc. (www.ametek.com) is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of more than $3.0 billion. AMETEK has approximately 12,000 colleagues working at more than 100 manufacturing facilities and more than 100 sales and service centers in the United States and around the world.
The Advanced Measurement Technology division of AMETEK, Inc. is a global business that designs and manufactures world-class radiation detectors and signal processing electronics through our ORTEC business unit as well as scientific instrumentation for electrochemical research professionals through our Solartron Analytical and Princeton Applied Research brands. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
ORTEC is the world leader in high resolution radioactive materials identification and analysis. The business unit designs and manufactures detectors, signal processing electronics, software, and larger integrated systems for nuclear industry, academic research, and government requirements globally. ORTEC serves a wide and diverse customer set providing a wide breadth of application solutions including alpha and gamma spectroscopy, neutron detection, health physics, homeland security, nuclear safeguards, chemical weapons identification, and waste assay.
The Opportunity (Position Description)
We are seeking a highly self-motivated individual to provide account management, customer contact and technical selling for select ORTEC product accounts. Some of the key responsibilities of this position include:
• Account Management of select territory customers, requiring an intimate knowledge of the activities and product needs of all ORTEC clients within each customer community or facility
• Continued development of key relationships within customer community
• Cooperation with ORTEC inside sales and technical support personnel to identify and grow additional account opportunities
• Involved in setting territory sales plan. Held accountable for achieving results
• Maintain and have accountability for customer contact and sales forecasting data for the territory
• Coordination and cooperation with other territory managers to jointly develop accounts within client sets that span geographical boundaries
• Provide technical, applications support, and direct sales to customers
• Provide monthly forecasts and weekly updates to US Sales Manager
• Identify barriers to business and work towards solutions to overcome them
• Ensure all customer problems or complaints are resolved quickly and effectively
Who we are looking for (Position Requirements). The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree in technical or scientific field required, or equivalent relevant technical experience
• Minimum of four years technical selling or direct customer-interactive technical support for scientific products
• The successful candidate will have the ability to:
o Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
o Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
o Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
o Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
o Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
o Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
• Demonstrated experience in working in cross functional teams and possess team leadership skills.
• Must be able to travel as needed. (Approximately 40% of the time)
• Must be a US citizen
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
- Travel Percentage: 40%