The Sales Engineer will be the primary technical resource for Philo Edu's field sales and deployment teams. They will possess detailed product knowledge and understand the typical client technical requirements in education and enterprise markets. As part of the deployment team, the Support Engineer will be in a client-facing role tasked with analyzing client requirements and developing complex IPTV solutions to meet those requirements. They will work with Account Executives and other team members to develop detailed quotations, technical diagrams, and engineering work packages.
We seek a high energy, detail-oriented individual who has a demonstrated record of success supporting the sales process and facilitating a smooth transition from sale to launch. We're looking for someone who takes pride in doing excellent work and wants to be part of a fun, challenging, and fast-paced environment. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
- Facilitating complex IPTV network solutions for higher education and enterprise clients.
- Helping build relationships with clients as the technical expert for the Philo Edu Sales team.
- Responding to RFPs by providing fully documented technical solutions including diagrams, costs, and required technical details.
- Reviewing proposals created by Account Executives and Account Managers to provide necessary input and ensure technical accuracy.
- Coordinating with the Sales, Deployment, and Engineering teams after sales are closed to ensure correct solution delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Project management of deployment process.
- Scheduling and leading all technical pre-launch calls with clients, including site-survey review, auth, networking, and video ingest.
- Creating configuration files for new systems.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with a concentration in Information Technology, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent applicable experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Support Engineer or Technical Account Manager.
- A clear understanding of the Enterprise client sales cycle with an ability to collaborate and coach internal employees, customers, and other functional groups as necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of server hardware.
- Advanced knowledge of networks and relevant technologies, including proxies, load balancers, LDAP, Active Directory, and firewalls.
- Advanced knowledge of GIT and best practices relating to it.
- Basic understanding of Ruby.
- Basic understanding of streaming technologies and multicast video streaming.