Acquire Automation is a pioneer in custom automation solutions for multiple industries, including food and pharmaceutical. We work for the global brand names you recognize and trust every day, and we help them to ensure a quality product for their customers.
We are currently looking to expand our rapidly growing business with the addition of a Sales Engineer.
The Sales Engineer will sell technically complex automation and vision inspection products and demonstrate how our standard Acquire products will fulfill client needs. This individual will be capable of making equipment specifications and requirements easily understood to the client. The Sales Engineer functions as the liaison between the engineering group and the customer. This individual is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation phase of the sales process as well as working with both the customer and the Acquire engineering teams.
The Sales Engineer is to live the Clarke Group Mission/Vision and set an example of Clarke Group Culture of hard work, positive attitude, commitment to safety, commitment to satisfy the customer, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer contact volume
- New Business orders and Sales quotas
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field
· 5+ years in technical or industrial sales
· Basic understanding of automation and controls systems including PLCs, HMIs and vision inspection and exposure to FDA regulated environment is preferred
· Experience working in a fast paced, results driven organization
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to meet, interact, and present in front of a wide range of customers with varying roles including: C-level executives, Project Managers/Plant Engineers and Supervisor/Operators
· Proven attention to detail and organization including proofreading, follow-through, and project communication
· Obvious business maturity and interpersonal skills
· Ability to collaborate effectively with staff at all levels and from diverse disciplines
· Demonstrated initiative; ability to undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise with little or no supervision
· Ability to make independent sound decisions and independently manage priorities in alignment with department and corporate drivers
· Experience and tolerance for constant high level of challenge and change in fast paced, results driven organization
This position requires a cross-functional working relationship with peer engineers, clients, OEMs, and contractors in orders to meet project goals and deadlines.
This position does not have any direct report responsibilities.
Travel is estimated at approximately 25 - 50% within the region assigned. You will have the opportunity to join a growing team of Sales Engineers with the opportunity to establish your territory and grow a future team. Candidates will train in Indianapolis for a timeline dependent upon experience, but will have the opportunity to establish a territory in the Southern United States
Project sales and opportunities may demand significant hours beyond 40 and hours on the weekend. Average work hours are approximately 45 hours/week. Our culture values your hard work with a generous compensation, bonus (with no caps!) and benefits package, which includes flexible time off, above your accrued vacation to recognize your contributions.
The Sales Engineer is required to sign a Non-Compete document. The position requires a Valid U.S driver’s license with no prior convictions. Background checks are required as part of employment.
Numerous visits to manufacturing plants where walking 1-2 miles is possible (carrying a laptop and materials); most plants require gowning and personal protective equipment (PPE).
Significant hours driving over long distances on a regular basis
· Extended hours in front of a monitor.
Acquire Automation is on a fast growth path. We are looking for people who want to be part of a fast growth business within a fast growth industry, working as a part of a very professional and skilled team.
Qualified candidates should send resumes to: Dawn Brockman, Talent Acquisition Manager, via email at email@example.comHelp
We are an equal opportunity employer.