GREAT CAREER OPPORTUNITY
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity in an organization where culture and growth are of utmost importance Moore Supply (Subsidiary of Hajoca) in Houston is the place for you! We are constantly looking for world class team members who are eager to learn, motivated to work hard, and are driven to provide the best customer experience.
Moore Supply is looking for highly motivated individuals to join our Sales and Leadership Development Program and pursue a long term career in sales, logistics or management. We invest in an individual's future by providing a multi-year development program that exposes them to all aspects of our business. During the program, we work in a structured, thorough manner to develop an aligned understanding of your skill sets and long-term career desires. We seek to match your passion, skill set, and long term goals with the business’ needs. Upon completion of the development program we can provide long-term opportunities in sales, logistics, or management (operations, sales, general). Our Texas Region is aggressively growing and is looking to add 24 more locations by 2024.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hajoca Corporation is the nation’s largest privately held wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, industrial pipes-valves-fittings, pool and waterworks supplies for residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure construction. We have over 350 locations throughout the United States, representing premier product lines in our industry.
Since 1858, Hajoca has been blending the strength and clout of a large company with freedom and opportunity for employees. The company will continue to grow and prosper because our fundamental business philosophy works; emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit, expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees, and devotion to Hajoca’ s proven business principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability.”
Compensation Starts at $45-50K
WHAT WILL THE TRAINING PROGRAM LOOK LIKE?
• RGA Procedures/Vendor Returns
• Deliveries and Truck Maintenance
• Vendor Product Knowledge Sessions
• ASA’s “Product Pro” series and 3D Schematic
• Vendor Product Knowledge Sessions
• Work with Residential, Commercial and Repair/Remodel Contractors
• HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE
• Showroom Sales
• Outside Sales
• Pricing and Margin Management
• Bids, Quotes and Submittals
• Product Procurement
• Job Scheduling
• Develop Vendor Relationships
• Joint Sales Calls with Outside Salesmen
• CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE
• PCM will schedule bi-monthly reviews
• Project – to be determined by manager
• Career Discussion
• 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE
During this final phase, there will be an in-depth career discussion with the Profit Center Manager and trainee to determine if trainee is interested in pursuing a career in Sales or Operations.
As an SLDP Candidate, you must be friendly, service-oriented, and driven to continually identify and pursue new customers to increase market share. Excellent verbal communication is essential and all associates must approach all customer interactions in an honest and ethical fashion.
All interested applicants must be 21 years of age or older and possess:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communications skills.
- Able to build and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Identify customer needs, provide profitable solutions and close the sale.
- The ability to maintain positive relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
· Able to learn and operate (keyboard and mouse) the applicable software system (Eclipse) used to process orders.
· Possess the drive to assist team members with other tasks as required
- A proper and valid driver’s license
- A driving record that demonstrates good driving skills in compliance with Company policy
- A valid Department of Transportation physical examination before beginning work; to be updated every two years while employed
- The ability to safely operate material handling equipment in a warehouse environment
Desired Characteristics and Abilities
- 4 year College Degree
- Previous experience in customer service, wholesale counter sales, or business-to-business sales preferred
- Experience in warehouse receiving and material handling preferred
- Innovative and Creative thinking.
- The ability to speak fluent Spanish is preferred.
- Resiliency and willingness to be coached
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to innovate solutions to complex problems.