Sasol (USA) Corporation is building a world-scale ethane cracker and derivatives complex adjacent to its existing site near Westlake in Calcasieu Parish. The ethane cracker will enable Sasol to expand its differentiated ethylene derivatives business, while helping to strengthen U.S. Manufacturing, boost exports and spur economic growth.
Due to our tremendous growth we are recruiting for a Sales Manager, Alkylates to work in our Houston, TX office. This position reports to the M&S Manager Alkylates Americas.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
- Responsibility for the optimisation of sales volumes, prices, market share, and contribution margin for specifically designated application sectors.
- Set and deliver growth targets and budgets for the assigned territory based on acquired identified market opportunities.
- Support the manager to the definition of Americas strategy to penetrate these market areas. Align Sasol products, systems, assets and resources to execute the strategy.
- Support the Americas team of the Performance Chemicals function in the execution of specifically agreed initiatives in terms of product, application area and/or turnaround profit improvement projects.
- Develop strategic relationships with customers and other key players in the target markets. Use these relationships to deliver the earnings growth targets.
- Continuously interact with R&D, Managers S&M, Sales Managers, other Market Developers and technical personnel in order to coordinate and manage all aspects of the daily business / product sales.
- Cooperate and interact with other Account Managers/Market Developers collectively focused on delivering market specific strategies and earnings targets.
- Implement changes/ improvements to Sasol business systems/processes so that they are more aligned to support the Business Strategy.
- Support and actively contribute to business track for justification of new Sasol assets, technologies, or capacities resulting from execution of Business Strategy
- Support the negotiation and execution of contracts with Distributors, Agents, Consultants, and other Partners, that were identified to serve as a channel to market in the assigned territories.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- Business or Technical degree, e.g. Chemical Engineering, Chemistry
- 8 - 15 years of chemical sales or related business experience
- Broad leadership skills
- Technical background
- Analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Prioritizing and control of workload
- Willingness for extensive travelling
- Strong communication, relationship building, building trust and partnerships, decision
- Customer and solutions mindset
- Fluency in English; Spanish is a plus
Location: Houston, Texas
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.